Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are going to take our first road trip with our FJ!! We have to go see her dad in Yuma for a few days and are going to be driving back to Oregon around March 23.
I have been looking at Berdoo Canyon and Joshua Tree.
Can you drive from the South end of the Berdoo Canyon road where it meets Dillon Road up into Joshua Tree?
I am looking at maybe taking the geology loop going through the park and ending up in 29 Palms.
Is this something we can easily do in a day?

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Berdoo Canyon Trail - Dirtopia, the Off-Road Encyclopedia

Joshua Tree National Park - Backcountry Roads (U.S. National Park Service)

I have driven DOWN from Joshua on this road. UP is a little harder in on one or two spots...but the FJ should be more than capable. It's a beautiful drive while leaving JT (lots or rock formations) and it gets a little boring in the middle while you are on the ranch property, then you get into the downhill section with some good challenges and a lot of washed-out areas. the bottom is a big party area with lots of broken glass and shell casings. The MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember is to NEVER leave the road while in the park, big ticket for that and there are rangers ready to spot you with their scope and chase you down. Also the ranch section is private property that they allow you to drive through so respect any no trespassing signs. I think that I have the trail on Google Earth...try to find it for you. You can't really get lost - there are a few spots on the bottom that wash-out and you may have to go around. Have a fun - safe trip!

**Kinda forgot how bad it has been raining in Cali...you are going to want to try to get a recent trail report from a local (if you can), sometimes the rangers will give you some information - however they discourage people from using this trail.**

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply 'Zona Fj. I really appreciate the input!!
We are excited to take our new to us FJ on a road trip and get out and use it!!
Also just had a SC installed.
Anybody else have any suggestions?
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts