Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was a bit torn because I received the baja rack OE basket as a Christmas gift from my girl, but i wasn't sure if i wanted to keep the sticker on it. So i looked at it real close and started to peel the corner when i pulled off just the top layer of the sticker there was a matte black finish in the middle so i pealed the rest off and it came out pretty sweet. Check it out.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Very cool. So to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, after a tiny test run, you've removed the entire sticker?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the rest of the white that is. I left it like the picture, because if this was gonna mess up or wasn't coming off consistently then i would have tried to take it all off. I was just surprised because I was sitting their wishing it was a matte black sticker on the gloss black plastic and it came out just like what I was hoping for.

I think The Smiths summed it up best,

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^ I see your Smiths and raise you a Deftones

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well done deftones are my second favorite band of all time. I was going to post this one but thought the original maybe more known.

acoustic digital bath is so sick. Thought I wanted it as my funeral procession song when I died but recently changed it to Ceremony by Joy Division. AHAH im serious, its in my living will.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Very nice. And ironically, immediately after the first song was over I listened to Digital Bath, off the B-Side album. Thanks to my fantastic wife, we will be going to see them play in ATL here in a couple of months. It's a late birthday gift to me. I have wanted to see the Deftones for years, but something has always come up or been in the way. Needless to say, I'm beyond stoked.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet, i really like their new album. I got a chance to see them back in 04-05 in a really small club where there was no security and the stage was about 2 feet tall. I walked up to the front of the stage, faced the crowd and took a self portrait. Chino noticed me doing it and peeked over my shoulder for the photo. Really awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I did the same thing shortly after getting my rack. I like to decide which stickers are on my vehicle and where they are stuck. In addition, my rack had fitment problems and I was kinda pissed and not willing to give free advertising.

Note: a year later their "QC" revealed that my mounts were not of the correct height and they sent me a third set of mounts. Though it took a while for them to redeam themselves in my eyes, I am happy with the good value of the rack

So I was a bit torn because I received the baja rack OE basket as a Christmas gift from my girl, but i wasn't sure if i wanted to keep the sticker on it. So i looked at it real close and started to peel the corner when i pulled off just the top layer of the sticker there was a matte black finish in the middle so i pealed the rest off and it came out pretty sweet. Check it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How did you get the peeling started? I've looked at it briefly a few times and looked like it would be tough to start without scratching the paint.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive found when it comes to not scratching something, believe it or not, finger nails provide the perfect blend of softness and precision needed. If you use a needle or a blade you'll definitely see the start points.

Also had issues with the bolts provided seizing. Man i had to hang on the side of my car and hacksaw 2 bolts. Pure rage ensued

1 - 11 of 11 Posts