Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any ideas what can be used to replace those cheesy little hooks mounted on the sidewalls of the cargo area? For hanging bags and such. I've seen a lot of great ideas for storage and really like the Mpac solution but right now I need some real hooks of some kind to replace the OEM hooks.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I think FJoel has fashioned some machined aluminum replacements.

What are you wanting to mount there/use it for?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife's been trying to hang grocery bags on the existing hooks but they don't work very well. When we buy stuff in bags, it just kind of rolls around in the cargo area, I wanted some hooks that could hold shopping bags.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Some real hooks would be a great idea. I'm hoping to finagle a tool bag from the mounting hooks as the storage area below is just not big enough.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
For groceries here is an idea.

Get a rope/twine and tie four or so carabiners spaced evenly along the rope then tie the ends of the rope to the side hooks. Kind of like one of those set it and forget it multiple hook fishing ropes. You can hook grocery bags into the evenly spaced carabiners along the rope.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and wander around the hardware section. THere are all sorts of hooks etc. You may have to drill a different hole or make a hole bigger etc but I am sure you can find something to your likeing. THen just one bolt and the OEM piece is out and the new piece is in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts