Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been visiting these forums for a few days but have had my eye on the FJ for quite some time. I recently moved from the desert to...well, quite the opposite (crap-ton of snow). My sporty little car can't handle it so I decided it was time to pull the trigger. My heart is set on the TT edition so I started calling around and managed to get a quote for $30,455.00. From what I've seen around here that's an incredible price, and it IS the TT edition as I have the details pulled right from the dealer's system (specifically it reads "Upgrade Package 3" but everything is there, including "Army Green Exterior Color Including Roof"). Unfortunately the dealer is out-of-state but I will be in town next month and they have agreed to hold it until then for a small fee.

I'm looking forward to joining the rest of you as an FJ owner and will likely be asking a lot of questions along the way!

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the group. Great advice and information is here. You must post photos of your new '11.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
very cool

·
Registered
211 Posts
Untaken; if you're talking about the 2011 army green trail teams SE, that would indeed be a good price. I thought I had a pretty good dealer in my area but I've heard the TT is closer to $34,000... Please let me know if you really get that deal and could you share at least what region you're trying to buy it from?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome!!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Wait a sec... You have a 2011 TT and We haven't seen pics yet? Whats up???
X2.......:cheers:.......waiting on two sets of TT pics now...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wait a sec... You have a 2011 TT and We haven't seen pics yet? Whats up???
Quote from another post of his

"I just bought my very first FJ today; Army Green, Convenience Pkg., Upgrade Pkg., running boards, roof rack, the incredible JBL system, power everything....the list seems infinite...wow."

Back to OP

Welcome and congrats. Great price! I got mine for 30,819.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've only been visiting these forums for a few days but have had my eye on the FJ for quite some time. I recently moved from the desert to...well, quite the opposite (crap-ton of snow). My sporty little car can't handle it so I decided it was time to pull the trigger. My heart is set on the TT edition so I started calling around and managed to get a quote for $30,455.00. From what I've seen around here that's an incredible price, and it IS the TT edition as I have the details pulled right from the dealer's system (specifically it reads "Upgrade Package 3" but everything is there, including "Army Green Exterior Color Including Roof"). Unfortunately the dealer is out-of-state but I will be in town next month and they have agreed to hold it until then for a small fee.

I'm looking forward to joining the rest of you as an FJ owner and will likely be asking a lot of questions along the way!
That will be one of the first 51 in the US that were built but missing parts of Trail Teams Special Edition package. The 'new' package is the 'Upgrade Package 3' (US). This is what I got from the dealer today:

"These vehicles will be built using a newly created Upgrade Package #3 (Factory Code- "US"), which includes:
Army Green Exterior Color Including Roof Top; Black Bumpers, Grille, Door Handles, and Power Outside Mirrors with Illuminated Markers; Electronically Controlled Locking Rear Differential; Active Traction Control (A-TRAC); Remote Keyless Entry; Army Green Door Trim and Fabric Seat Inserts; Cruise Control; Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Integrated Backup Camera Monitor; JBL® AM/FM 6-Disc CD Changer with 11 Speakers Including Subwoofer; Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel; Daytime Running Lights (DRL); Rear Window Wiper; Rear Privacy Glass. It will also arrive with the standard 17-in. black steel wheels, providing the flexibility to maintain the existing look or install wheels as PPO or aftermarket at your stores. "

"Below shows the differences between Upgrade Package 3 and the SE Package. Upgrade Package 3 includes all SE spec EXCEPT:
• No Trails Team Badging
• No CAD Wheels
• No Roof Rack
• No Bilstein Shocks
• No Floating Ball Multi-Information Display
• No 115V/400 Watt Rear AC Power Outlet
• No Rock Rails

Pricing for the "US" option is hoping to be announced this week. Until pricing is announced, the vehicles will not be processed nor will any vehicle inquiry on pricing be accurate."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That will be one of the first 51 in the US that were built but missing parts of Trail Teams Special Edition package. The 'new' package is the 'Upgrade Package 3' (US). This is what I got from the dealer today:

"These vehicles will be built using a newly created Upgrade Package #3 (Factory Code- "US"), which includes:
Army Green Exterior Color Including Roof Top; Black Bumpers, Grille, Door Handles, and Power Outside Mirrors with Illuminated Markers; Electronically Controlled Locking Rear Differential; Active Traction Control (A-TRAC); Remote Keyless Entry; Army Green Door Trim and Fabric Seat Inserts; Cruise Control; Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Integrated Backup Camera Monitor; JBL® AM/FM 6-Disc CD Changer with 11 Speakers Including Subwoofer; Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel; Daytime Running Lights (DRL); Rear Window Wiper; Rear Privacy Glass. It will also arrive with the standard 17-in. black steel wheels, providing the flexibility to maintain the existing look or install wheels as PPO or aftermarket at your stores. "

"Below shows the differences between Upgrade Package 3 and the SE Package. Upgrade Package 3 includes all SE spec EXCEPT:
• No Trails Team Badging
• No CAD Wheels
• No Roof Rack
• No Bilstein Shocks
• No Floating Ball Multi-Information Display
• No 115V/400 Watt Rear AC Power Outlet
• No Rock Rails

Pricing for the "US" option is hoping to be announced this week. Until pricing is announced, the vehicles will not be processed nor will any vehicle inquiry on pricing be accurate."
Thanks for the information. I just read this in the other thread and am glad I finally understand what that "Upgrade Package 3" thing was all about. In any case, I got another quote from a different dealership for that package with a few less useless (to me) accessories. I was quoted around $28,500 and I think I'm gonna go for that. The difference between the "true" TT edition and the UP3 version isn't enough to make the price difference worth it to me (which I'm guessing will be at least a few thousand).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts