Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
This is amazing since most of them still use Comadore 64s......:)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
It does suck though, but it has been that way for Bell and Rogers customers since 2006. This change impacts the re-sellers and their clients. If this keeps up, Ottawa will eye it as a source of income and slap a tax on each GB as well.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
There are alternatives! I just ditched Rogers and went with an independant ISP at half the cost,with bandwidth that I've never come close to exceding:cheers:

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are alternatives! I just ditched Rogers and went with an independant ISP at half the cost,with bandwidth that I've never come close to exceding:cheers:
if CRTC decision is not overturned in the next couple of weeks, in March you'd be in the same boat, if not worse, as any rogers or bell customer.
I know, I've been with Teksavvy for almost 2 years and hope all the sh1tstorm CRTC created would result in something positive...

btw, do your part, sign the petition if you haven't already:
Stop The Meter On Your Internet Use | OpenMedia.ca

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Its amazing on the timing though - Netflix comes to Canada, and wouldn't you believe it, the ISP's want metered based internet. The only thing the major ISP's are interested in protecting, and improving, is their bottom line. Oh well - back to surfing the net on my CoCo 2..... :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It looks as if the Tories are going to overrule the CRTC decision according to the Edmonton Journal Newspaper today. Let's hope it happens.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
You've called it correctly my friend. I'll take it one step further. It's all a cooked up scam by Harper. Ploy to save the consumer and get re-elected. All crooked as a snake.:rawr:
No doubt about it. Kind of reminds me of when Homer let the union give up its dental plan for a keg of beer for the union meeting....

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Videotron in Qc already charges like 1.75$/g on over limits, so meh....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
This is what we pay for the privelege of living in Canada... and it doesn't stop here. IIRC Canadians pay more than any other developed nation for cellular phones too. Hell, we pay more for Canadian made products than Americans do, even when the dollar is par!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thankfully I use university interwebz, 5 MB download speed anyone?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts