Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago I had a Alpine head unit and some speakers installed (all fronts, not rears).

I got JBL's for the dash, and Boston accoustics for the doors.

The Alpine unit was a media type unit, no cd, just xm, radio and ipod hookup.

My question is what am I missing as far as adjusting the head unit (bass and treble) or anything else.

The highs seem so high, and honestly the factory stereo sounded better.

Does this need an amp, eq or adjustments (even though I made them, or tried to).

I had it professionally installed, but its the sound that needs adjusting, any ideas as to what on the head unit needs to be adjusted?

There is something more in the head unit that can be adjusted, besides bass, treble and fade. Something with MHZ or something like that, bunch of stuff, but it doesnt sound much diff.

I might be doing something wrong, however maybe I am lacking an eq or amp.

Note: I am not into blasting my music or listening to too much heavy bass, just want correct sound.

This is the head unit if that helps.

Alpine iDA-X100 Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
i know you say your not into blasting your music but you don't have to rule out getting a small sub like a single 10 inch sealed for the back trunk, it's probably your best bet for a richer sound without spending alot of money elsewhere and still not happy. turning down the front speakers to only fill in the mids and highes and leaving the bass to the sub. It doesn't have to pound hard to get excellent sound quality.

Just my 2 cents. good luck with your stereo

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked with Crutchfield and my local stereo shop. They said it would be best to get an amp, from what I have placed in there, it would help the best.

So saturday I am having an alpine 4 channel amp put in (I believe it has adjustments as well for sound), I already have the factory sub that came with FJ (don't even know how good it is), just care about a decent sound.

At this point, I wish I would have just gotten sat radio through Toyota, didn't want to invest all this money in stereo equip:boohoo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts