Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Followed a couple of threads about this material for making alternative skids.
Was wondering if anyone knew of a source for this material (one inch is recommended) in Canada - preferably Alberta....

Reactions: mattcooper

·
Registered
447 Posts
Followed a couple of threads about this material for making alternative skids.
Was wondering if anyone knew of a source for this material (one inch is recommended) in Canada - preferably Alberta....
Not sure how they are on price, but try HRC Plastics in Edmonton, I bought a sheet of HDPE to form a cutting board for my counter. Western International Plastics in Calgary *might* have it also.

Outside of Alberta, HDPE Sheet or Sani-Armour® Sheets White

- Solo

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
I read one of the threads this afternoon. In it there was a suggestion to google hdpe or uhmw and the city you lived in. I did this for Anchorage Alaska and quickly found a glass shop that sold hdpe. They only had 1/4" and 1/8" sheets, but had no problem referring me to a plastics company that sell both types in 4'x10' sheets of 1/2" After speaking with them I am going to make a couple cardboard templates and go to their shop (about a mile from my house) and see if they have any scraps that will work. It will still cost, but it will be much cheaper if I use some of the smaller cut off pieces they have around the shop.

Moral of the story, It was so easy to track down that I'm betting most people will be surprised to find a place rather close to them. This material is used a lot so it's probably more common than we think.

I'm going to go with 1/2" black UHMW, can't wait to see how it looks. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts