Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be doing some custom work in the back of my FJ as well as for an FJ80 owner nearby and was wondering what the best sources are for this type of fabric. I have found places where I can get wholesale prices if I do a credit application and all but don't want to go to that trouble just yet.

I've heard that Wally World sometimes has small rolls and I am guessing that maybe JoAnn Fabrics would also but haven't checked yet since the nearest store is 40+ miles away.

Good sources ?
Expected price range ?

I'm fully setup for woodworking and plastic laminate work. The same glue/spray equipment can be used for applying the contact adhesive to this carpet material.

Thanks ya bunch o' FJers. :)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I actually went a different heavier duty route. I went down to Lowes and bought a commercial style entrance rug. You know the kind you wipe your feet on when you go into a lot of businesses? The one I chose had a nice heavy rubber backing and matched the interior color of the FJ very well. If you need to wrap around corners you can always relief cut the rubber backing as well. In my case I needed something more heavy duty than the standard auto carpet and it happened to be a lot cheaper. I think I spent $10 for a 4'x6' carpet. Most auto parts chain stores carry a standard black carpet roll that might fit your purpose too. I think they're 3'x8' or something for $15-$20.

·
Wanderlust
4,158 Posts
I bought outdoor marine carpet by the yard at my local Home Depot which has remnants once in a while. The color selection is very limited though (medium gray, blue, green, and a few other). IIRC, I paid about $3/yard (brand name is Dayside).

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. I check them out and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Lemme know if you want a pic of the commercial style installed and I'll go get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts