Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GF and I are itching to get out of the snow and take a road/camping trip. So were ditching the kids and headed to Goblin Valley March 18-21 to explore some old mining trails that lead to an old settlement and an arch. The trails are Temple Mountain, Reds Canyon and Swasey's Cabin. If any of you are in the area or want to join us we would love to meet new friends and have some company. :cheers:

Goblin Valley State Park | Utah.com
Temple Wash and Mining Camp Trail | Green River Utah Off-Road Trails | Trails.com

·
Registered
790 Posts
Your mini trip looks great! I would be interested if you were venturing further south.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I visited Goblin Valley State Park back in November. It was cold and windy so I didn't stay long. Lots of places to camp off the road into the park as well as north of the park in the San Rafael Swell area. Cool area. :rocker:

The Goblins

A short trail off the access road with camping area at the dead end

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
You should hit up Tain on the Utah forum. He lives pretty close to the swell, and knows the area well. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to go play.:cheers:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I visited Goblin Valley State Park back in November. It was cold and windy so I didn't stay long. Lots of places to camp off the road into the park as well as north of the park in the San Rafael Swell area. Cool area. :rocker:

The Goblins

A short trail off the access road with camping area at the dead end

Access road? I-24? You wouldn't happen to have the lat and long would you? I've got a friend and his wife following me down so were probably going to keep it pretty mellow, thinking Temple Mountain Trail.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should hit up Tain on the Utah forum. He lives pretty close to the swell, and knows the area well. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to go play.:cheers:
Thanks Brother, I'll jump over there real quick. Utah Cruisers right?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your mini trip looks great! I would be interested if you were venturing further south.
Dude, I'd love to wheel in AZ. Maybe later this fall when the heat mellows out. :cowfrown:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't mine joining with you, but I will be down in that area (Hole in the Rock Trail) a couple weeks after that...then a couple weeks after that is Cruise Moab....
That sucks man, I'd love to have you join us. Everytime I'm up visiting my girlfriend I see your rig and tell myself I need to hit you up. Oh well, I've got a bunch of friends that want to do the Transcontinental this summer and camp over night so you'll have to join us for that.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Access road? I-24? You wouldn't happen to have the lat and long would you? I've got a friend and his wife following me down so were probably going to keep it pretty mellow, thinking Temple Mountain Trail.
What I meant by "access road" is Goblin Valley Road which is off of Temple Mt. Rd. There are places along there (like in my pic) as well as just a few miles north of Goblin Valley Rd on Temple (which meets I-24).

Grab a Utah Gazetteer atlas for lots of detail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts