Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard and read all the horror stories about windshield replacement. Now that the FJ's have been around a few years, I am sure there are some competent windshield replacement shops. I want to make sure I go to one that has done a good job in Baton Rouge, or willing to travel to NOLA or Lafayette to ensure I get it done right without trashing my FJ.

Anyone down here have a shop you can refer me to?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
After having everyone in the Hammond, Ponchatoula, and Independence area refuse to change my windshield. I was able to find Jerry Jones of Jones Glass on Crapanzano Road in Hammond, who was able to change the windshield without having to change the trim piece for around $300. He said now he has other glass dealers calling him on how to replace the glass without having to replace the trim. I was very satisified with his work and price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much, Hammond is close enough for me if I need to travel. :bigthumb:

Would be nice if anyone knows a competent shop directly in BR?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang that place in Hammond appears to be out of business. Both numbers I found online are no longer working numbers. Anyway to help me confirm this?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a guy Danny at Southern Auto Glass New Orleans are that came to me in Slidell and changed mine in my Tundra and then fixed a rock chip on my Fj and he does a great job. Said he has changed a few Fj windows. I have his card somewhere with his number as soon as i find it i will post

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Dont get safelite glass in BR to touch your windshield. Anywhere else would be better than those morons.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello everyone, has there been any updates on recommendations for the baton rouge area for windshield replacements?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts