Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I bought a Black 007 4WD on tuesday by accident sort of. I was on the mailing list when they were on the way and followed the introduction. I wanted one all along in other words. Well on Tuesday a guy had one for sell in Victoria, TX. At the very last minute I decided to drive the wife to her Dr. appointment (35 miles). Scribbled FJ and the number down from the ad.

Texted the guy. He brought it to the Dr's office. I told him I would let him know after we went for a 2 mile drive. Told the wife about it over lunch. She drove it home less than two hours later.

Now I will sell the 91 4WD 4Runner and my 03 Rubicon. Seeing all three in the driveway is funny. The FJ looks like it morphed from the other two. I think it will be a better fit than the other two. 91 is too old to make long hauls without always wondering it it might finally have an issue. Rubicon is just too small and the wife hates using a clutch.

I have been looking at Older LC's but the FJ kept haunting me so I finally said...BOO!

Richard
Port Lavaca, TX

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Congratulation on your new truck. I also have a lifted TJ and couldn't believe how small it looked with the FJ parked behind it in the driveway. Since I bought the FJ, the TJ spends most of its time just sitting there in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Welcome! I'm in beeville. Hit me up if you need anything. Also, there's a bunch of us hitting marble falls (hidden falls) this weekend. Come join us if you can.

·
Premium Member
16,937 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! I'm in beeville. Hit me up if you need anything. Also, there's a bunch of us hitting marble falls (hidden falls) this weekend. Come join us if you can.

Beeville Trojans.
I grew up in Kenedy. I come through regularly in deer season. Will be one of the next two weekends too just to check my stuff over there. No can do Marble Falls this weekend but if it had been the following...

I love the TJ but it needs to go even though I was second guessing that idea driving it home from work this morning...Still am but too many vehicles to deal with. If I had a HOA, it might be rough. 3 just for the kids.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Hello. I bought a Black 007 4WD on tuesday by accident sort of. I was on the mailing list when they were on the way and followed the introduction. I wanted one all along in other words. Well on Tuesday a guy had one for sell in Victoria, TX. At the very last minute I decided to drive the wife to her Dr. appointment (35 miles). Scribbled FJ and the number down from the ad.

Texted the guy. He brought it to the Dr's office. I told him I would let him know after we went for a 2 mile drive. Told the wife about it over lunch. She drove it home less than two hours later.

Now I will sell the 91 4WD 4Runner and my 03 Rubicon. Seeing all three in the driveway is funny. The FJ looks like it morphed from the other two. I think it will be a better fit than the other two. 91 is too old to make long hauls without always wondering it it might finally have an issue. Rubicon is just too small and the wife hates using a clutch.

I have been looking at Older LC's but the FJ kept haunting me so I finally said...BOO!

Richard
Port Lavaca, TX
Wow, a 007 edition....James Bond huh??? What exactly does that model come with?? I am very curious.... :rocker:

Congrats and welcome!!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
007 Cue (Q??)

The wife claims to hate 007 so it seemed like a funny user name. Besides I had to officially divorce my motorcycle name so I can keep that habit at bay. Compared to a TJ with 33's and a 3.0 Runner it feels like it has JATO boosters. Of course the wife's Murano takes away that sensation from the FJ.

It has some yet undetermined brand lift (2-3"s) and Nitto 33's. Convenience and #2 Package plus some dealer installed stuff. Best part only 43000 miles and great condition. The only thing it will have soon is the Warn Power Plant off of the Jeep if I do sell it. Lots of Front Bumper Research to do for fitment of that beast. New tires before summer vacation if we go in it.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
007 Cue (Q??)

The wife claims to hate 007 so it seemed like a funny user name. Besides I had to officially divorce my motorcycle name so I can keep that habit at bay. Compared to a TJ with 33's and a 3.0 Runner it feels like it has JATO boosters. Of course the wife's Murano takes away that sensation from the FJ.

It has some yet undetermined brand lift (2-3"s) and Nitto 33's. Convenience and #2 Package plus some dealer installed stuff. Best part only 43000 miles and great condition. The only thing it will have soon is the Warn Power Plant off of the Jeep if I do sell it. Lots of Front Bumper Research to do for fitment of that beast. New tires before summer vacation if we go in it.
Just bustin balls....great name! Enjoy the new ride!!!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well one of my posts would have made it easier to find you who knew...replied to your build just now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts