Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I just bought some 285/75/16 Pro Comp Mud terrains and want to go with a spacer lift but I don't know if I will be able to run these or not. Anyone running spacers and these size tires? Any info you can give me will help.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Okay guys I just bought some 285/75/16 Pro Comp Mud terrains and want to go with a spacer lift but I don't know if I will be able to run these or not. Anyone running spacers and these size tires? Any info you can give me will help.

Thanks,
Ben
You should be running at least a spacer lift with that size tire. Most people rub with that size tire and no lift. Although, i don't recommend spacer lifts. I suggest at a bare minimum, use OME 883 springs.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Okay I would run the ome/ toytec if i had the cash but would i be okay with a spacer lift?
Yes. They are okay to run and don't hurt anything at all. So if you are wanting it to not rub and for the looks, it should do fine.

Rough country makes a decent one and there are one or two others, i think toytec has some good ones too. Pretty easy installs too

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. They are okay to run and don't hurt anything at all. So if you are wanting it to not rub and for the looks, it should do fine.

Rough country makes a decent one and there are one or two others, i think toytec has some good ones too. Pretty easy installs too
Alright good to know thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I think I saw a Revtech kit under one of the Trail team rig's a couple years ago. I would look for fronts made of some sort of metal with a poly rear spacer. Good luck, have fun looking. I would get at LEAST an OME kit as soon as you can swing the cost of one.:)

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
Rough Country sells a space lift that comes with a spacer up front, new springs and shocks for the rear. They also just started carrying a kit that comes with spacers up front and rear.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Extremetrucktoys.com also offers spacer lifts from levelling lift on up.....I am very happy with mine and many rub 285's with just the 2in spacer (level lift). As long as you stick with stock wheels you should not have a problem. Some mud tires do rub the body mount but you will have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

You might also look into Daystar poli-kits. They are a synthetic material , urethane I think. There are a few guys in here running them although the kits come for front and rear lifts. I have garage issues so I was avoiding lifting the rear....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rough Country sells a space lift that comes with a spacer up front, new springs and shocks for the rear. They also just started carrying a kit that comes with spacers up front and rear.
Is this the lift kit you're referring to?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Suspension Lift

I'm interested in picking this guy up, but they don't have any testimonials or reviews on their site from what I can see. Anyone have an opinion of this lift kit?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have the Daystar lift and level kit and love it! I go off roading a lot and my 285/70/17's don't rub at all. FJ still fits in the garage and I also have the factory roof rack.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I've run my RC 3" lift (w/ longer rear coils) for almost 2 yrs now and have loved it. Did have my rear shocks blow on me last summer, but they both got replaced under warranty. Overall no complaints :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts