Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
No it is not. :ROFLMAO:
Fully admit it. First time with an angle grinder and it shows. There was a lot of trial and error. Just glad I didn't mount the carrier each time I THOUGHT I was done. Brought the spare out and kept trying the fit until I got it on. I'll take it. Plus...that's what they make covers for right? To mask imperfections underneath. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Camera cover just arrived. I'm contemplating whether or not to paint it. Is it worth it? Any special prep to do or just spray them down?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So I sprayed it and installed. Not sure what the issue is but the cover is blocking the camera's view. I believe the legs/lugs of the cover are supposed to go in the wheel openings (also would help it be more secure) but the line of sight is not good. Any suggestions? I've reached out to Ray about this as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
For anyone interested, Ray got me in touch with the builder of the cover, who's been a pleasure to work with. Done a number of test fits and measurements. Now that we've settled on the correct dimensions, he'll be shipping out a new one.

In the meantime, the mods to the cover have been made to the current one to be functional and help me see behind me. I've had to trim the faceplate so that it provides better line of sight. Now that it means the current pic won't look as clean on a smaller frame, I decided to just go with a large FJ to fill it up.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts