Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site. I've got ToyTec 3" shocks (not sure if number on the coil is necessary) with a 1/2 spacer. Looking for SPC upper ball joints 25480118 021.

The upper control arms aren't stock. Was told at the time the 3-in lift was added they most likely put the upper control arm on the same time. Would that product would need to be made by ToyTec as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
i'm assuming you are running the SPC Model #25480 upper control arms (the model for FJ Cruisers). Here are the replaceable ball joints:

SPC Racing is the brand....Toytec carries them but so do other vendors. ToyTec is a well respected vendor on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I noticed you only indicated #25480. Are the other numbers irrelevant? 25480 meaning the end ones.
"118 021"

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Thanks for your response. I noticed you only indicated #25480. Are the other numbers irrelevant? 25480 meaning the end ones.
"118 021"
No...I dont think so....SPC sells ball joints based on the model number of the upper control arm which is 25480 for the FJ Cruiser. Not sure if your older ball joints have grease-able zerks, but the replacement ones do. Might also check your control arm bushings as well when you are replacing the ball joints. SPC also has now upgraded the bushings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks much. Trying to narrow down this squeaking noise as I turn left and right. Power steering fluid checked not low not leaking. All ball joints are non-greasable. Power washed all ball joints thought it could have been dirt and salt creating the sound but that wasn't the case. Going to replace upper lower ball joints and outer tie rod arms. Hopefully this solves the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts