Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an fj and lifted it 6" RC lift with 325/60r18 terra grapplers;

On my 2004 jeep wrangler I know once changing tire size / gear ratios you had to change a speedometer gear in thE transmission/transfer case, if not your speedo would be off and the mileage on the tach off as well;
Is anything needed for an fj when doing these mods?
I know rubicon jeeps have a digital speedometer calibrator that recalibrates electronically .. Maybe fj has same thing?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
The FJ speedo is electronic but nobody I know of makes a programmer that can adjust the ECM for tire size. I seem to remember somebody having an add-on box that would modify the wheel speed signal to adjust it. If you do some searches, you'll probably be able to find it or maybe somebody who has one will chime in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What If you go to 35" ? That's in the near future...

Also, I have 18x9 moto metal wheels that are barely year old and they are chrome plated; they came with the FJ ( I prefer polished over cheap chrome plating )
They are showing oxidation spots at EVERY spoke junctiOn and I'm going to call motometal tomorrow and see what they say... These wheels have absolute NO rash on them and never seen road salt or any harsh conditions as we live in LA where there is no beaches, etc
Any else have this problem?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I dealt with this on my lifted grand cherokee...rather than messing with the ECM or speedo gear, I just looked at my GPS if I needed to know exactly how fast I was going. And when I lift the FJ and put larger tires on it, I will do the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts