Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
Got mines from SPP, best spacers around, thanks guys! No issues what so ever.

·
Registered
380 Posts
heres my install from SUPREMEpower on 6/03/09 (Wednesday)

thanks HUE, ILIE for the install and everyone at SUPREMEpower

thanks for the shirt Hue haha :bigthumb:

here are the install pics:

·
Registered
611 Posts

Question regarding lug nut/stud thread engagement... how many turns of thread engagement do these spacers allow with the provided lug nuts? Please tell me that these nuts were not fully seated at the time this pic was taken.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's recommended for a FJ with stock wheels and 285's? 1.25" or 1.5"?
1.25" FOR THE FJ CRUISER-

Question regarding lug nut/stud thread engagement... how many turns of thread engagement do these spacers allow with the provided lug nuts? Please tell me that these nuts were not fully seated at the time this pic was taken.
Hello-

5+ to 7+ full turns to install lug nuts onto wheels (depending on wheel thicknesses *gap between lugnut and rim*-oem or factory)

3+ to 5+ full turns to install bolt to Spidertrax spacer to rotors.
(fitment on fronts is less, compared to front *3+full turns)

·
Registered
611 Posts
1.25" FOR THE FJ CRUISER-

Hello-

5+ to 7+ full turns to install lug nuts onto wheels (depending on wheel thicknesses *gap between lugnut and rim*-oem or factory)

3+ to 5+ full turns to install bolt to Spidertrax spacer to rotors.
(fitment on fronts is less, compared to front *3+full turns)
Three turns is not enough to safely secure a wheel to a vehicle... ideally, 1.5x the diameter of the thread worth of engagement will allow for maximum clamping for a fastener of a given diameter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Three turns is not enough to safely secure a wheel to a vehicle... ideally, 1.5x the diameter of the thread worth of engagement will allow for maximum clamping for a fastener of a given diameter.

Supra- I contacted Spidertrax direct with your fitment questions on the Spidertrax spacers (front fitment on FJ)- Here is the reply:

Based on an exposed stud length of 0.850", you should get 6+ turns out of the lug nuts when installing the WHS-007 spacer to the hub. Since the lug nuts that we use to attach the spacer to the vehicle is an open ended lug nut where you can see the stud vs. the stock closed end lug nut, you can not evaluate the amount of engagement visually. Checking the amount of turns you get when tightening the lug nut is the best check.

We have designed our lug nuts to have a “bulge” as a safety option so they could not be installed backwards and because of this feature the length of the lug nuts are longer and stud will not use all of the threads on the nut. When our lug nuts are fully tightened they have the same amount of engagement as the OEM lug nut. I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

[email protected]

Also, we'll be getting our project FJ in here, so I'll check that as well once we get it on the lift-

Not sure if you've searched, but there are many FJ members here and other forums that have been running the Spidertrax spacers for a long time now, and have yet to read any negative feedback on the performance and fitment with Spidertrax. The Spidertrax spacers widens the stance for better handling and more-

·
Registered
611 Posts
Supra- I contacted Spidertrax direct with your fitment questions on the Spidertrax spacers (front fitment on FJ)- Here is the reply:

Based on an exposed stud length of 0.850", you should get 6+ turns out of the lug nuts when installing the WHS-007 spacer to the hub. Since the lug nuts that we use to attach the spacer to the vehicle is an open ended lug nut where you can see the stud vs. the stock closed end lug nut, you can not evaluate the amount of engagement visually. Checking the amount of turns you get when tightening the lug nut is the best check.

We have designed our lug nuts to have a “bulge” as a safety option so they could not be installed backwards and because of this feature the length of the lug nuts are longer and stud will not use all of the threads on the nut. When our lug nuts are fully tightened they have the same amount of engagement as the OEM lug nut. I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

[email protected]

Also, we'll be getting our project FJ in here, so I'll check that as well once we get it on the lift-

Not sure if you've searched, but there are many FJ members here and other forums that have been running the Spidertrax spacers for a long time now, and have yet to read any negative feedback on the performance and fitment with Spidertrax. The Spidertrax spacers widens the stance for better handling and more-
Hubert,

Thanks for giving them a call... I was going to call them myself but you saved me the trouble. =)

Regarding the "exposed stud length of 0.850", is that taking into consideration the unthreaded portion (approx 0.250") at the tip of the wheel studs? Also, was that measurement taken at the front or rear? The front studs are approx. 0.250" shorter than the rear studs.

If you can guarantee 6+ turns of thread engagement at all four corners, I'll buy a set of WHS-007 spacers from you.

ak

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's the latest response from Spidertrax-And its all good!

Yes we can guarantee 6+ turns if the exposed stud length is at least 0.850". If someone has a shorter stud then please let us know, or your customers can contact us direct. We have not seen a stud length shorter and unless Toyota changed the studs in the later years we should be O.K.

-R. Stanford/Spidertrax

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sounds good... thanks for the peace of mind. The last thing I need is to bolt something up with inadequate thread engagement and compromise the safety of my occupants as well as others on the road. 6+ threads sounds great.

What's the best way to order these things? Directly through your website or phone?

ak

1 - 17 of 17 Posts