Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot of questions on nut engagement with the spacers. Some have plenty others do not. I am not sure if the FJ's have different length lug bolts or not. Here are some reference pics for anyone who may need a look. I have an 08 TT.

First 2 pics are fronts, 3rd pic is rear, 4th is just the finished look.

I had plenty of nut thread engagement. I actually have 24 All-Pro Extended Thread (ET) lug nuts if anyone wants to buy them, I did not need them, I ordered them thinking I was for sure going to need them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
wow... so it does look like the 08 are longer than then 07... Anybody else know if there is a difference?

Steve, didn't ask today but they are 1.25 right?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Can you take some more pics of the truck with the tires on?

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow... so it does look like the 08 are longer than then 07... Anybody else know if there is a difference?

Steve, didn't ask today but they are 1.25 right?
Yep, they are the 1.25" Thanks a lot today, and it was great meeting you!

Yeah the lugs are very different after some of the pics I have seen. If anyone has the shorties, a good wheel shop could remove and bang in some new longer bolts. I was lucky I guess

P.S. I am almost positive Nestor (NDA) has an 07 and had identical thread engagement as mine....so it is weird wondering why some are longer than others.

P.P.S. Also send me someone or info on whoever is trustworthy to do a BODY MOUNT CHOP in our area

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you take some more pics of the truck with the tires on?
Its dark now, I will get you some more as soon as I can(Wednesday), Ive got some pending homework right now, plus I have my front end torn apart right now, Im prepping for my tube bumper install Wednesday. Let me know what kind of pics you want and I will try and get them for you.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Looks good.

My 07 fronts were shorter than the rears, so I used them on all 4 corners.

Speaking of the ET style lug nuts...I prefer them over the acorn style for the simple fact that they make the wheel spacer more lug centric, rather than relying on the acorn to center it. And not to mention more thread engagement...You can never be too safe.

I also use ET style for my wheels.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Looks good.

My 07 fronts were shorter than the rears, so I used them on all 4 corners.
x2

It appears to be that way on Hugos FJ, which is an 08, as well.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Almost all toyota suvs and trucks have more exposed thread length on the rears than the front. If I remember correctly the studs are slightly different in length due to the unit bearing vs the rear axle shaft. This is why Toyota's have shank style lug nuts. Hope that helps:cheers:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
i likey thats def my next mod...

can i get a profile shot? and whered you get them?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mine definitely dont have that much on my 2010 TT. Though I have had them on now for atleast 10k miles & have had no issues, it did make me a bit nervous when I installed them that the lugs dont quite come all the way out to flush with the nut ends.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i likey thats def my next mod...

can i get a profile shot? and whered you get them?
Sorry I didnt notice your post sooner.... I got them off a guy who had a brand new pair/never used and wanted to sell them at FJ Bruisers, $150 for all 4, I would just buy them from Spidertrax or someone who carries them, its about $200 for all 4 wheels. I finally caught a break today, will go get some pics now. Standby...(I know I owe you:rofl: I read on your tube bumper post you took pics just for me....I did the tube bumper swap with the one at the toyota dealership for my oem bumper and now my friend wants it, he can afford the Metal Tech one, so I am ordering the MT and he wants to buy my newly acquired one:bigthumb: sounds good to me)....pics...hold tight, brb!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres some pics, I still have to paint behind my bumper and other stuff(no need to tell me guys :)), but here are pics, hope these help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couple more...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
did you have to cut the fenders?

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I cut the plastic fender well covers for the tube bumper. I have to get a body Mount Chop with the 285/75/16's up front, the are super close and do rub on a tight turn just barely, but on a tight reverse turn the rub a little more, I hate any rub so gettin a Chop. I remove the front mud flap cuz it just would have rubbed a hole in the rubber flap/body mount cover, Ima gonna remove the rear flaps just havent had time, but no you dont have to.

·
Registered
115 Posts
did you have to cut the fenders?
You shouldnt have to cut the fenders with spacers, he was refering to cutting for his front tube bumper. I have TRD wheels and i ran 1.5" spacer without any issues. I ran 275-70-16 tires so i didnt have to body chop. It looked really good but the spacer studs started to get out of alignment and caused my car to wiggle at high speeds so i took them off.

HUGO Stig:
It appears the spidertrax spacers are much better build quality though. Did you have your truck aligned after the install? If not i would recommend it otherwise they may start to come out of alignment gradually.

LOOKS awesome though. I love the look from the very front when you look at the truck. The stance is so wide.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You shouldnt have to cut the fenders with spacers, he was refering to cutting for his front tube bumper. I have TRD wheels and i ran 1.5" spacer without any issues. I ran 275-70-16 tires so i didnt have to body chop. It looked really good but the spacer studs started to get out of alignment and caused my car to wiggle at high speeds so i took them off.

HUGO Stig:
It appears the spidertrax spacers are much better build quality though. Did you have your truck aligned after the install? If not i would recommend it otherwise they may start to come out of alignment gradually.

LOOKS awesome though. I love the look from the very front when you look at the truck. The stance is so wide.:bigthumb:
Thanks man, Yeah she's all aligned up and balanced. The spidertrax spacers appear to be a high quality product, I really like them. Thanks again for the kind words:cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts