Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am finally getting around to my sPod installation tomorrow.

I would like verification about the switch harness before proceeding.

In my 2011 FJ, I have 4-free switch blanks on the dash panel that I want to use. However, the sPod harness has only 3 sets of switch wires long enough to reach the dash panel.

The other 3 sets of switch wires are way up by the connector and are apparently meant to be used for the switch panel to the left of the steering wheel. Is this correct?

It doesn't make sense to me since there are only 2 switches to the left of the steering wheel.

Do I really have to cut and splice the cable harness to have 4 - switches on the dash panel?

Sincere thanks for any information.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
i have 5 harnesses on the console so they will reach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow nice install! I'm Josh from sPOD, I want to thank everyone who participated in the group buy. I'm here to help anyone with any questions you may have. If anyone is having a problem with any particular part of the install I may be able to offer some quick tips. Post your questions and suggestions here for all to see, if a more immediate response is needed feel free to email or give a call. Thank you all, excited to here how the installs go.

Josh Carter
[email protected]
Hi Josh,
Just wanted to check to make sure I can use the SPOD without the Dual Battery set up. Have (4) Piaa now to light and maybe some more goodies soon. Thanks Jeff carter:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
you want to use the img code link not the direct or html link.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
try this:

go to your album.

hover your mouse over the image. you will see 4 boxes that appear. The bottom one says IMG Code with a box of text next to it.

just click your mouse in the box. You get a message that says 'copied'. The proper info is now copied into your clipboard.

Edit your post and right click your mouse and choose paste. it will copy the correct link to your picture for inline viewing.

hit save: Viola!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Guys i just finished installing my Spod and everything wooks great the install took about an hour and was super easy.

Just have 2 questions is there a way for my back up lights to come on when in reverse but i can also manually turn them on manually with the Spod?

I would also like to do the same with my driving lights turning them on/off with the high beams but also be able to manually turn them on?

thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
You could tap into the wires & hook up the Spod to them.
Or go with some sort of added LED lights, I think they make some that get drilled into the OEM light housings.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a quick question for those of you who have install your sPods already. Any issues with running the harness through the steering wheel boot and rubbing on the cable?
Just looks like it might be an issue.
Thanks in advance for replies.

Tomas
Santa Fe

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Tomas,

Let me have you speak to the designer of the sPOD. He will help you do the right install. I will send him a e-mail now or you can call him direct.

István

I'm Josh from sPOD, I want to thank everyone who participated in the group buy. I'm here to help anyone with any questions you may have. If anyone is having a problem with any particular part of the install I may be able to offer some quick tips. Post your questions and suggestions here for all to see, if a more immediate response is needed feel free to email or give a call. Thank you all, excited to here how the installs go.

Josh Carter
[email protected]

I have a quick question for those of you who have install your sPods already. Any issues with running the harness through the steering wheel boot and rubbing on the cable?
Just looks like it might be an issue.
Thanks in advance for replies.

Tomas
Santa Fe

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
hey guys,

I bought the square FJ panel box and 6 switches already because i didn't have the money for the whole set up and decided to piece it together at a later time. Now i'm in the market for the rest of the kit. I hope someone can point me in the right direction to buy the rest of the kit at a good price or maybe get in on another group buy. I should be buying my first set of Rigid Industries lights within 4-6 weeks so i'd like to have the sPOD install complete by then. Thank you.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
hey guys,

I bought the square FJ panel box and 6 switches already because i didn't have the money for the whole set up and decided to piece it together at a later time. Now I'm in the market for the rest of the kit. I hope someone can point me in the right direction to buy the rest of the kit at a good price or maybe get in on another group buy. I should be buying my first set of Rigid Industries lights within 4-6 weeks so i'd like to have the sPOD install complete by then. Thank you.
Hi,

I am a little confused by "FJ panel box". Did you purchase the "Source kit" as shown below?

If you already have switches, all you will need is the "Source kit". If you can give me the details of the switches you purchased I can get you a wiring diagram from sPOD to hook everything up.

Feel free to call/email/PM us and we will do our best to get everything figured out.

480-338-6763
[email protected]

We will also get you the best possible prices on sPOD and Rigid Industries products.

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a question.... my sPod and lights are still on order but I want to be ready for when they get here. Anyways does anyone know how exactly the lights get wired to the spod? specifically all of the lights I purchased including some Rigid D2s come with a wiring harness, relay, and fuse of their own. My question is do I cut those wires for the harness then connect them to the sPod and if so do i need to purchase connectors that would connect them to the sPod? sorry for the multiple question...question any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have a question.... my sPod and lights are still on order but I want to be ready for when they get here. Anyways does anyone know how exactly the lights get wired to the spod? specifically all of the lights I purchased including some Rigid D2s come with a wiring harness, relay, and fuse of their own. My question is do I cut those wires for the harness then connect them to the sPod and if so do i need to purchase connectors that would connect them to the sPod? sorry for the multiple question...question any help is appreciated
You don't need the relay or fuse holder. The sPod takes care of that. You will need the weatherproof connector. Cut the wires after the connector and splice in wire to whatever length of run you need. Add ring or spade terminals to the end of the wires to connect to your sPod.

It will look something like this but with terminals on the end.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Re: sPOD Installation

You don't need the relay or fuse holder. The sPod takes care of that. You will need the weatherproof connector. Cut the wires after the connector and splice in wire to whatever length of run you need. Add ring or spade terminals to the end of the wires to connect to your sPod.

It will look something like this but with terminals on the end.

Awesome thanks for the reply, I thought that's what probably needed to happen but just wanted to make sure. Thanks again

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
[Edit] Nevermind, I think I see where it goes. On the long "switch" cable, there is an unlabeled red wire that has the appropriate male connector. I think OK_FJ mentioned this in an earlier post here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/hummer-gear-sales/137340-spod-installation-4.html#post2036692

I've got some RI lights ordered, so pulled the sPOD out of storage to take a look at the installation instructions.

Can someone tell me where the single wire on the optional LVCO connects too? The other two wires on the LVCO were already connected to the sPOD. I don't see the LVCO covered in the installation manual anywhere.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts