Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the poor and less financially-fortunate-FJ-owners-that-spend/save-all-their-money-on-mods I was wondering if there could be a contest/drawing for a "expenses paid" trip to the 2008 Summit in Ouray. Let's have some vendors sponsor a few FJs to make it up there and I'm sure the winners would be more than glad to have their sticker branded on their FJ.

So???.........:cowsmile:

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Send a kid to camp! Nice idea! I nominate...no, I'll wait to see if this actually takes off first.

M

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i nominate myself cuz it's my idea :cowsmile: .....n it wouldn't have been my idea if i wasn't soooooo daym broke :boohoo:
No, since it's your idea, you might be slightly biased. Therefore I submit myself as a test case. You can even get me a suite and a campground, free restaurant tabs, and food to cook. I'll give you a good balanced review, then we can give out scholarships for 2009...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, since it's your idea, you might be slightly biased. Therefore I submit myself as a test case. You can even get me a suite and a campground, free restaurant tabs, and food to cook. I'll give you a good balanced review, then we can give out scholarships for 2009...
Hey!! ...if anything CO peeps should not be considered for this "idea"....you live there! This sponsorship should be for those who need to install many MAF aux tanks juss to get to Ouray!

Back on topic.....how bout it vendors/admins/mods?!? Show us you care about the people who make this forum so great!! :cowsmile:

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
WHAT?!?! NO LOVE FOR THE POOR?!? :boohoo:
I don't think there is love for anyone from Colorado or California for the sponsorship.....there are people that come from WAY farther away.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I don't think there is love for anyone from Colorado or California for the sponsorship.....there are people that come from WAY farther away.
Yeah, Like us. :)

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
I think this is a great idea and was actually thinking of a person today I would like to see there that wont be able to make it. Not sure how it would work out since gas is what cost the most on this trip at lest for me.

Gas ~$600
Lodging (Moab & Ouray) ~$200 This was splitting the cost with 2 others for the camp site in Ouray and the hotel in Moab.
Food & drink ~$150

O can't forget raffle tickets and other gifts and such. ~$150

For a grand total of ~$1,100

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I think this is a great idea and was actually thinking of a person today I would like to see there that wont be able to make it. Not sure how it would work out since gas is what cost the most on this trip at lest for me.

Gas ~$600
Lodging (Moab & Ouray) ~$200 This was splitting the cost with 2 others for the camp site in Ouray and the hotel in Moab.
Food & drink ~$150

O can't forget raffle tickets and other gifts and such. ~$150

For a grand total of ~$1,100
I bet I know who you are thinking of, and I will help you lobby! I think it would be WONDERFUL!

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
I bet I know who you are thinking of, and I will help you lobby! I think it would be WONDERFUL!
You have a PM coming. :)

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
You folks talkin' about me ? No ? Well shoot anyhow . . . I was hopeful there for a moment.

How many thousand members of the forum ? A buck a piece should pay for several all expenses paid trips.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
It should be reserved for someone who has to travel over 2000 miles each way, hint hint.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
If you are on the fence about being able to go because of money issues you should just enroll in my class "FJ summit for the financially disabled"
In this class you will learn tricks to save money on all of the trips expenses.
Gas money - Find a few 6" lifted FJs (Matt07 and Tnsquire) to draft off of during the drive there and back
Lodging - " hey guys...... they lost my reservation. would you mind if i slept on the floor of your room?"
Food - top ramen noodles
In my easy to follow instruction you will learn these and many more tricks to save a buck on your trip of a lifetime.
for the entire instructional package, including the "top ramen roadside cuisine" cookbook please send 4 easy payments of $49.95 to missmy60

If you act today you will get a free gift with your purchase $30 value!!!!!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
If you are on the fence about being able to go because of money issues you should just enroll in my class "FJ summit for the financially disabled"
In this class you will learn tricks to save money on all of the trips expenses.
Gas money - Find a few 6" lifted FJs (Matt07 and Tnsquire) to draft off of during the drive there and back
Lodging - " hey guys...... they lost my reservation. would you mind if i slept on the floor of your room?"
Food - top ramen noodles
In my easy to follow instruction you will learn these and many more tricks to save a buck on your trip of a lifetime.
for the entire instructional package, including the "top ramen roadside cuisine" cookbook please send 4 easy payments of $49.95 to missmy60

If you act today you will get a free gift with your purchase $30 value!!!!!

Do we have to call within the next 10 minutes for this great bargain? :cowsmile:

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Hey, sign me up! I'm mod poor and like Hillery... Even the government can't afford all of my ideas...

cheers,

dale

1 - 20 of 20 Posts