Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does this forum ever do a "spotted" thread? Do we have enough interest (or are the members here too mature)? I have noticed several members who went from STis to FJs....I got the spotted thread idea from the Subaru forums.

Anyhow: spotted I believe a Sandstorm heading I-40 East, east of Statesville Wednesday morning about 9:30am

Then, Wednesday heading home about 6:15pm I passed a sandstorm or white FJ without a spare on the back - honked and waved back and forth.

Of course, I'm not up on the names of colors yet. :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Does this forum ever do a "spotted" thread? Do we have enough interest (or are the members here to mature)? I have noticed several members who went from STis to FJs....I got the spotted thread idea from the Subaru forums.
There are a few on here! Most of them are in the regional forum sections. Keep up the waving, it might catch on. I used to do that when riding a motorcycle...:wave:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I waved at a Black FJC yesterday, and the day before I saw a Sandstorm (I'm not up on the colors yet, either, but I think that's right) one. Both in my neighborhood, which is THE sledding spot during the current Snowmaggedon.

Huzzah!

--Kelley

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've seen a bunch of FJ's with MODS in Auburn.

Black Cherry w/ a train horn?
Silver with a rough country lift sticker? TRD rims.
Yellow with black steel rims, lots of stickers, 3in lift.

Anyone?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Train horn? That's what my FJ needs. I think the horn is the only girly thing on it!

·
Registered
452 Posts
im in statesville, nc and i have a black trd, and i WILL wave back if you spot me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll keep an eye out for it. I live in Winston but work in Mooresville so I come through Statesville. However, I'm usually asleep on a van. But if you see a wave from a Voodoo Blue FJ or a lowered black Forester, that'll be me ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Train horn? That's what my FJ needs. I think the horn is the only girly thing on it!
Yea, I want one now too.....haha. Also has a "I drove a jeep for a while, now it hurts to pee." sticker on the side window.

·
Registered
470 Posts
saw a few in greensboro not sure if any of them are on this forum .. black, silver and cherry?
black fj in greensboro here. usually can spot me around uncg or on 40

·
Registered
62 Posts
Another black rackless FJ in Greensboro as well. I run up and down Friendly daily ... will keep an eye out for you Fonnie!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am with stealth on this one: black trd here in central va, if you wave i will wave back. there have been numorous spotted threads, and even more numorous wave threads. i actually do try to wave at every fj i pass on the road. i get in return about 1 return wave in every 15 i give out. Now if it is a trd or lifted, i get a return wave almost everytime.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm another black FJ and usually in the Kernersville area. I'm always waving and I get about 1 out of 5 waves back unless it's a modified FJ, then it's about 4 out of 5 waving back.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kernersville, well if you're ever over here in Winston keep an eye out for Jack (blue on steel wheels). We live 1 mile from the mall so you'll see us up and down Hanes Mall Blvd or Silas Creek all the time.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Another black rackless FJ in Greensboro as well. I run up and down Friendly daily ... will keep an eye out for you Fonnie!
Ditto!

I usually just flash my lights. By time I see an FJ it's already too late to roll down the windows to wave. Plus its cold. :p

I have my avatar sticker'ed on the back of my FJ, thats the best way to know its me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I spotted a black FJ at school today (UNCG). A lot of stickers on the back, steel wheels (without the wheel cover), and Seemed to be lifted 3". Anyone here?

It was parked in the 30 min parking, I would of stuck around but I had to leave to make sure I was home for UPS delivery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts