Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new here. I was coming to work and spotted the yellow FJ on Venice in Culver City CA. I dodged traffic like Gene Hackman in French Connection to pull up next to the truck. I spoke with the driver. It was the yellow FJ from Ojai, the driver was introduced during the brief presentation but I can't remember his name. For anyone attending Ojai he was the one who gets to drive the rigs around as a full time job. Anyway I asked about the drivability, of course he gave rave reviews. "Just like a Toyota, smooth and quiet." I attemped to take a camera phone picture but failed. He also took off before I could offer $$ for a ride or even more $$$ for a impromptu test drive.

My take is that the thing stands out in traffic big time! Seemed to run very smooth as I was racing to get broadside. Looked great in motion. I did notice the scratches on the exterior plastic showed up from several feet away. Trail scars I'm sure but it made it look a little cheap.

Loved it though.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
mariospeedwagon said:
I did notice the scratches on the exterior plastic showed up from several feet away. Trail scars I'm sure but it made it look a little cheap.
if some scratches on the plastic is all it got running the rubicon (bypasses or not) thats pretty damn impressive. besides, body damage adds character... :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Topless4runner said:
if some scratches on the plastic is all it got running the rubicon (bypasses or not) thats pretty damn impressive. besides, body damage adds character... :D

FYI:
That is the pre production plastic, the actual FJC will have textured plastic which will resist scratching.

Nice Spy brother!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts