Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Utah Gang! It looks like this weekend 4/19-20 is going to have more rain and snow :(. I'm going to roll the dice and say the the next one 26/27 won't. We should plan a get together or run! All the passes and interesting mountain trails will be snowed in for at least another month at this rate. Does anyone have any ideas for a west desert run, maybe Rattlesnake or 5 mile for an afternoon? We can at least get a bit muddy.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
360 Posts
I want to get my new diff muddy!! My bro wants to get his taco muddy too. We may be going back to Moab next week, but if not we will be there.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Id love to but cant do saturdays. bust shop pretty much required, so its like pulling teeth. I am open for any and all sunday runs

·
Registered
468 Posts
Scott,

I've been waiting for you to post this thread ever since the day I got back from Moab. :) I'd be willing to go for 1/2 day on either Saturday or Sunday sometime. Next weekend I'll be out of town, but can't wait to do some more running with the utah cruisers.

5 mile sounds like fun to me.

I've been looking at a trail up American Fork canyon above Silver Lake Flat on Google Earth, but it looks like that would still be 2 months away for the snow to melt.

My car is supposed to be done today with a new 3rd member so I need to get it dirty. :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is too bad Action Jackson. I had fun doing runs with you in Moab. My runs will usually be on Saturdays though.

Id love to but cant do saturdays. bust shop pretty much required, so its like pulling teeth. I am open for any and all sunday runs
Also, we are headed back to Moab over Memorial Day (call me crazy) but I can't wait to get back if anyone is interested in meeting up.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott,

I've been waiting for you to post this thread ever since the day I got back from Moab. :) I'd be willing to go for 1/2 day on either Saturday or Sunday sometime. Next weekend I'll be out of town, but can't wait to do some more running with the utah cruisers.

I've been looking at a trail up American Fork canyon above Silver Lake Flat on Google Earth, but it looks like that would still be 2 months away for the snow to melt.

My car is supposed to be done today with a new 3rd member so I need to get it dirty. :p
Do you have a trail name for the AF location? Throw me a GPS mark. I think you might be looking at Forest Lake or Miller Hill. Those are GREAT trails but you're right that they are a month or two off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So do we have a taker for tomorrow for 5 mile? I'd have to firm it up with the fam but if there is interest let's work on putting it together.

My kids love Silver Lake. That sounds great!

Scott,

·
Registered
142 Posts
We are up for Sunday (maybe, Casey is getting over a cold), we're already booked for tomorrow. Or next weekend would be fine too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey Scott,

The real trail would start about here where normal vehicles would have a tough go of it.

I don't know how to post the .kmz file extensions so I'll just give you the coordinates.

Trail start:
40°30'23.36"N
111°39'20.77"W

Trail end:
40°32'37.42"N
111°38'56.40"W

In the meantime, I'll play around with google earth and see if I can learn how to post a link to a trail or something.

Kalen

·
Registered
468 Posts
dlister,

We'll get out, I promise, but tommorow isn't looking good for me now either. But to the rest of you, Sunday morning would be perfect. Get out early about 8 AMish and go out to 5 mile to run rattlesnake? Anyone esle in?

Kalen

·
Registered
293 Posts
Scott,

Maybe we can get together Sunday and catch up a little. Even if we can't get out and do some wheeling we can compare books and maybe do a little trail planning for the future. Give me a call tomorrow sometime and let me know!

Casey

·
Registered
199 Posts
Even if we can't get out and do some wheeling we can compare books and maybe do a little trail planning for the future.
Im not sure if I can make anything happen as far as wheeling this weekend. money is really tight. But I may be interested in helping with some planning for future runs. feel free to PM if anything goes down
Steve

·
Registered
360 Posts
Tomorrow I GET to help my mother-in-law move. Plus I have to get mentally ready for the JAZZ game. Sundays are always a bad idea for me. Next week I may be able to go, if not my schedule clears up after that. I'm in for at least 25,256.2 runs this summer. So count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO JAZZ!! LOUD AND PROUD BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scott,

Maybe we can get together Sunday and catch up a little. Even if we can't get out and do some wheeling we can compare books and maybe do a little trail planning for the future. Give me a call tomorrow sometime and let me know!

Casey
Im not sure if I can make anything happen as far as wheeling this weekend. money is really tight. But I may be interested in helping with some planning for future runs. feel free to PM if anything goes down
Steve
Well, I can go tomorrow. My wife and daughter are shopping with grandmother. I can also do some planning on Sunday :). What are weekends for anyhow. If you're still sick I'd better avoid you Casey, my partner is out on maternity leave for another week and I can't miss work sick. If you feel better though it would be fun, I have all sorts of new material.

Dlister and KB would you want to caravan over there mid morning? I would have to be back later in the afternoon but we could squeeze in some fun :). I've not done Rattlesnake but I have directions.

Scott

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im thinking I may go anyway tomorrow. of course having said that the forcast will come true and crap on us. either way I wana get out of the house.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts