Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate and eliminate a squeaking noise from the rear of the FJ, the noise happens when I hit a bump in the road.

I cannot distinguish if the noise is from the driver or passenger side of the vehicle.
If anyone knows what is causing this noise and knows how to repair it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I live in a remote area of Quebec and there are no access to any dealerships here.

Thanks in advance for help I get.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was coming from the rear seat latches. I put a lite coat of Kroil on them and it it was gone. I am sure that you can put any lubricate on them and it will work.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Kroil is good stuff. Do the simple stuff first.Can you determine if it inside or outside?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Case of beer says it's the seat latch........:cheers:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I havea similar issue with my 2010 too .....sounds like there is someting loose which is shaking inside the rear door panel towards the latch area

Sound comes and goes. It can sometimes be heard when you hit the brakes a bit hard or go over a speed hump and then its gone for a while and then its back.

Any suggesions

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It turns out that the noise was in fact coming from the rear seat latches. A little lubricant and the noise has ceased to exist.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this is a common problemo in the fjs, mines is only 4 months old and I heard those rear squeaks from the rear. It's annoying ! However something tells me that the squeaky noises comes from beneath the drivers seat

·
Registered
493 Posts
You have the same problem I had. There is a little plastic part on the rear door that meets up with a metal part on the FJ when the door is closed. This little thing would squeak like crazy when I drove. I put a small piece of rubber in between the two and now the sound is gone.

I havea similar issue with my 2010 too .....sounds like there is someting loose which is shaking inside the rear door panel towards the latch area

Sound comes and goes. It can sometimes be heard when you hit the brakes a bit hard or go over a speed hump and then its gone for a while and then its back.

Any suggesions

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
In the earlier models, it was the adjustable seat belt piece (the moving slide on the rear door panel) that always made noise. It didn't like being put all the way to the top.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You have the same problem I had. There is a little plastic part on the rear door that meets up with a metal part on the FJ when the door is closed. This little thing would squeak like crazy when I drove. I put a small piece of rubber in between the two and now the sound is gone.

Thanks Pinky for the info ....would you be able to post a picture of this plastic bit so I get to understand where its located on the door

·
Registered
50 Posts
My driver's side seat squeaks every time I make a left hand turn... I've learned to ignore it at this point, but man it's annoying. :boohoo:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts