Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant figure it out, I have spray lubed the pivot hinge, spring and even put some grease on the piston shaft and still it's squeaking. It started months ago and got progressivly louder and more frequent, now it chirps every time i press it. I'm close to bringin it in to the dealer but I figured i'd give the guru's here a try. any Ideas??

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Sueaky clutch pedal?

Seriously? I'm the only one with this issue?? Well thats a good thing I guess. She's goin to the stealership tomorrow then. uggh

·
Registered
184 Posts

The only thing I had happen, was the pin and clip fell out of the clutch. Happened to my girlfriend, she called me very concerned that she had broke it. Put it back in and took it to the dealer, to make sure nothing was missing, as I had no parts manual to make sure.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

alrighty then, I guess it's the dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

dealer replaced the seals in the pedal piston, no more squeak!! yeah!! +1 to the evil dealer

·
Registered
8,140 Posts

i guess you deserve a comment... i can't imagine the embarrassment of talking to your self on a public forum.. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

this is a slave cylinder story , not a master cyl one

but anyway

back in the Old Days, I had to hone out my FJ40 clutch slavecylinder every couple years or so because water would get in behind the piston, causing rust and leaks

THen I got the idea to try something: After honing and peening the cylinder bore once again, and putting everything back together, I put grease behind the piston to coat the cylinder walls and keep water away from them.

That was in 1988, and I have had no more problems with the clutch on the FJ 40.

Now when I got the FJC, there was some chatter in the clutch slave piston so I got some moly disuflide lithium graphite grease, and, using a hypo, gave a few squirts behind the clutch slave piston, right through the boot. No problems since

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

you're not the only one, but you're the only one who cares:p

mine squeaks, and i just ignore it.

stereo's usually too loud to hear it, anyways.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

this is a slave cylinder story , not a master cyl one

but anyway

back in the Old Days, I had to hone out my FJ40 clutch slavecylinder every couple years or so because water would get in behind the piston, causing rust and leaks

THen I got the idea to try something: After honing and peening the cylinder bore once again, and putting everything back together, I put grease behind the piston to coat the cylinder walls and keep water away from them.

That was in 1988, and I have had no more problems with the clutch on the FJ 40.

Now when I got the FJC, there was some chatter in the clutch slave piston so I got some moly disuflide lithium graphite grease, and, using a hypo, gave a few squirts behind the clutch slave piston, right through the boot. No problems since
I think this was the same problem area of mine. It was the cylender at the foot pedal, it just kept getting louder and louder t othe point of completely annoying, they took it apart supposedly and changed some seals then also mentioned some white grease of some sort. I'm just happy it's gone. I hate rattles and squeaks, just bug the crap out of me. lol I'm gonna be nuts in a few years I'm sure.

·
Registered
151 Posts

they took it apart supposedly and changed some seals then also mentioned some white grease of some sort. I'm just happy it's gone.
I will have to tell them to do that next time I go in for service.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts

My 05' Taco has the same issue. They'll lube it up at the dealer and it comes back eventually. Fj is doing it yet.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts