Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something in the back right suspension has developed a slight squeak. Can somebody point me to a how-to on lubricants for each point of the suspension, the whats wheres and hows. I would hate to pick the wrong lubricant and ruin a bushing or something. Thanks. (I did a search but apparently I picked all the wrong terms to search with as I found nothing useful.)

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Check to make sure that your jack is secure.

·
Registered
831 Posts
do you have a roof rack and if you do does it make the noise when you push up and down on it? Mine did and it was the rubber bushing around the e-brake cable on each side. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
well there are no lube points per say on the suspention, it's all sealed bushings. I would check the forward trailing arm mount first, lay on the ground under it and have someone rock the truck or stand on the rear bumper and bounce it. also see if you may have picked up some sand or small rocks in the rear springs, this can make a squeak also. As for something to use, try and find a synthetic spray lube like slick 50 and spray the area you find to be squeaking. DO NOT use wd-40 It will work for a day or 2 until it dries out. also if you have the spray, go ahead and do all your pulleys in the engine and never worry about water messin em up.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Someone not to long ago had this issue. It was somewhere in a spot where rubber was rubbing on metal. Get some silicone spray and get someone to rock your FJ so it will reproduce the noise. (you need to find the noise while they are rocking it) and then clean it with some soapyness and then spray it down after it dries with the silicone spray)

·
Registered
831 Posts
that was mine that was squeeking thats why i gave the advise, if you get under the fj put youre head right around the rear axle and look forward you will see the e-brake cable going to the brakes on that cable there is a rubber bushing of some sort. I sprayed that noise went away for a couple thousand miles noise came back for one day then went away, haven't heard it since. Only really explaining this because i was at toyota and watched the tech take the shocks, springs swaybar and the links and this was were the noise was coming from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.