Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of a sudden, when I go over bumps slowly, or when I max turn in both directions, my steering is squeaking like crazy...

I don't feel any play, the truck handles exactly the same as it has been - all is normal with the exception of this squeaking.

Doesn't help that it is anywhere from 3 to minus 15 degrees out, so crawling under the truck for in depth diagnosis is out for right now, and I don't have a garage to pull it in to.

Any suggestions?
BTW. The truck is an 07 with 71K miles. Near as I can tell it has an OME lift on it with 265 tires.

Thanks.
Don

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Having the same issue after running the WABDR this summer. Squeaking from around the steering box when turning the wheel either direction. Nothing related to going over bumps.

No leaks, fluid levels are spot on, summer time temps, all zerks greased unless there is one on the steering column I don't know about.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Update: Total Chaos UCA Uniball needed lubricating.

The TC representative states they use and recommend Tri Flow Teflon lubricant. http://www.amazon.com/Flow-Teflon-Lube-6-OZ-Spray/dp/B000C12DHU However, any teflon spray lubricant that sets up dry is acceptable.

A few quick shots around the Uniball and no more squeaks. :bigthumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts