Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota changed the FJ electrical wires over to soy-based wiring for the 2014 FJ Cruiser, which has caused a squirrel to eat my electrical wiring three times, costing me approximately $1800.00 in repair costs. Has anyone else had this problem with their 2014 FJ? I am aware there is a "Class Action Suit" against Toyota for this problem. Toyota is taking no responsibility for this and will not reimburse me for these costly repairs. I have even spoken to Toyota Corporate, with no assistance from them either. I was told I have a Case No. and if in the future there is a "recall," I will be notified. This is outrageous. Has anyone else had this problem, and what have you done to remedy this??? HELP?! :frown

·
Admin
6,979 Posts
Peppermint oil has been used successfully.

Search this forum for rodent problems.... Lots of threads.
(I'm on my mobile so can't provide links)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 trail teams I have the same problem a code went on the dash I looked under hood all my insulation and wires chewed up I asked they said it’s cause of the soy base wiring ! I can’t believe it , I haven’t got to dealer yet but told them that’s asinine to use that in a off road vehicle that is meant for the woods etc it’s unreal.. sorry to hear you have same prob I will certainly call and see what I can do about this they should certainly be accountable I agree

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,316 Posts
It’s a common isue and lots of threads as Winterpeg has said. It is not unique to 2014s, not just FJs or just Toyota. Honda sell rodent tape, insulating tspe impregnated with capsican, Peppermint oil is effective against mice, no idea on squirrels but it's more likely mice that are chewing your wiring. Not sure why you think it is worthy of a law suit against Toyota...perhaps you need to be suing Mother Nature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.