Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help me on this, I'll like to lift my FJ 6" but I'm concern about the stability on the road. I already lift it 3" (Revtek) and it feels a little bit unstable after 70-75 m/h or so. So my big concern is that if I lift it another 3" the driving would be very unstable, Please advice.

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 265/75 R16 tires

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
I like my 6" lift very much and yet feel very stable. I drive it to the limit and have had no problems. It also depends on what lift brand you're looking at, some may need wheel spacers with stock rims(such rough country) and others require a body chop or something else. With wheel spacer you definitely get more stable :) You could see some of my videos on the buildup in the signature.
Good Luck
Abdul

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
it will change your center of gravity to a higher point in vehicle so side slopes and other steep inclines/declines will affect your vehicle sooner than one with stock or lower suspension lift....just nature of beast.

·
Registered
864 Posts
With my combo it feels stock or better on the road. I thought that the stock FJ was to soft in the rear. The RC kit came with rear coils and shocks. Now the FJ rides a bit more "truck" like and I like the new ride feel much better. I am running stock wheels with spacers. I was able to put the stock wheels/tires on with the lift however the clearance between the side wall and the spindle was about an 1/8" or so. Once I went up the the 285/70's I had to run spacer/adapters.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
FJCamel: Show him your vid of you doing doughnuts that was impressive! I honestly wouldn't have tried that myself.

I am running an RC6 too with spacers. While the lift raises the cog the spacers change the cog back to a more normal cog. Think of a triangle with the flat base as your axles and the top tip your cog. When you lift the top move higher thus you need to widen the base to bring the geometry back to normal. but thats just my idea on the situation... I don't believe that FJCamel is running spacers (although he may be) but to see that vid, you have to be impressed what this truck can do.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
SKIP to 2:50, I think this is the best one to show how stable it is
YouTube - FJ Cruiser drifting in MT

Ponchevez, we are only trying to show you the good quality of lift that we got. However if you are still on the edge, i can push you :D
Good Luck and keep us updated.
Abdul

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info it really helps. I don't really use the FJ for offroad trips that much, every now and then though, but the streets down here in Mexico feel like your offroading all of the time .. lol

So other than RC is there another similar brand that are good, like pro comp, fox, all pro. ??

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks for the info it really helps. I don't really use the FJ for offroad trips that much, every now and then though, but the streets down here in Mexico feel like your offroading all of the time .. lol

So other than RC is there another similar brand that are good, like pro comp, fox, all pro. ??
Pro Comp and Fabtech are the only other 6"

Fox, All-pro are 0-3" adjustables

You may have seen two FJ's here that use Fox and ... can't remember but they were hybrids based on the RC lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts