Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...well, actually on the driveway by the garage.
UPS dropped these off 3 days after I ordered them.
Look great. Nice aggressive tread design, very similar to the Duratrac.
They are going on a set of 17" stock alloys some time next next week i hope.
They are fresh too, MFG the 4th and 5th week of 2011 according the datecode.

Just thought i'd share a few pics.
The stack:

Close up of tread:

Ill post a few more when i get them mounted.

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Thats a pretty sweet tread design and looks to be a pretty open tread pattern.

Kind of a mud terrain style but with the tread blocks a little closer kind of like an AT just like the duratracs.

265 or 285s?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
:werd:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thats a pretty sweet tread design and looks to be a pretty open tread pattern.

Kind of a mud terrain style but with the tread blocks a little closer kind of like an AT just like the duratracs.

265 or 285s?
They are 265 70R17, E-rated. They are just under 6lbs a piece heavier than the Stock BFG Rugged Trails.
They look bigger. Nice square shoulder on them.
Apparently they are made by Goodyear too.

KyFJGuy

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
good price ? i am starting to look for tires now i got 45000 on my bfg a/ts got plenty of tread and all but it never hurts to start looking

they look like mickeys ..... a little

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had these tires on my FJ for close to 3000 miles. They've handled rain, snow, loose dirt, and rocks well. They only thing I haven't driven in yet is mud.

I've got 265/75/16s on OEM off road wheels. They seem to run large because they looked huge next to a set of Dunlop GranTreks. The tires ride well, handle well, and balanced without a problem. They did get louder, but seemed to stop around 1000-1500 miles. They have a noticeable whir to them, but it's something that is easily drowned out by my TRD exhaust and/or the radio.

Very similar in design to the Duratrac, but cost less. Made by Goodyear. I got mine from treadepot. I'm happy with them and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
can anybody give a update on these tires? how do they do in mud?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't had a chance to off road them yet, but i had them on and they felt great on the road, Little more road noise, but not loud at all. No squirming. No noticeable difference in bumps or harshness. Took them up to 80 MPH with no shake or tracking problems on the highway.

I'm pretty happy with them.:bigthumb:

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Any updates on the Kelly TSRs?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Any updates on the Kelly TSRs?
Matt just get these tires already! :)

The tread pattern looks to be a great one (kind of duratrac esque).

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have these, 285/70-16? (Either 70 or 75, can never remember) and its a pretty solid tire. Only had them on for about 1 month and they ride pretty nice and they did great offroad without airing down, not that it was a necessity. I am extremely happy with this tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gonna jump on the TSR's as well. Alot of good reviews. Very affordable tire with a nice aggressive appeal. I see why not getting mine next week. 285/75/16.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts