Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for standard length front SS brake lines for a 13 FJ TT.

Thanks.

As always, I appreciate the input!

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
buy a set from Goodrich, a well known supplier of stainless steel braided brake lines

note that you should get 6 in the package, not 4 (there are 2 additional ones, where the rear hard lines make the transition from body to frame, below the master cylinder)

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buy a set from Goodrich, a well known supplier of stainless steel braided brake lines

note that you should get 6 in the package, not 4 (there are 2 additional ones, where the rear hard lines make the transition from body to frame, below the master cylinder)
Thank you. Ordered Goodridge SS lines (6). I read on forum that I also need a spanner wrench to remove lines or some other specific too. Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
yes, you need a brake line wrench, also called a flare nut wrench, which grips more fully on the hex than a normal combination wrench can do, so that you don't round off the nuts when you undo them

IIRC, you need a 10mm and a 12mm to do the job.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, you need a brake line wrench, also called a flare nut wrench, which grips more fully on the hex than a normal combination wrench can do, so that you don't round off the nuts when you undo them

Thank you for the great input & recommendations!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the great input & recommendations!

Do you use a special tool for pushing the caliper piston back or just screwdriver? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,421 Posts
Water pump pliers. Leave the old pad when you squeeze it allows you to compress both pistons together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts