Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did the Search, google search n found things close but not my direct issue!

COndition.... 100 degree days 80s nights / 2011 Prado LC (FJC Platform) 4.0l v6
WHats its doing.... starts, idles perfect no issues...
in park no load on engine,
hit throttle to rev up it stumbles (bogs down) then revs right up... get it reved up you can play witht he throttle in it revs fine...
Put it in gear,
vehicle bogs down on trying to pull out n slowly builds RPMS... once moving can maintain speed but bogs down when apploying throttle to accelerate or go up hills

Whats been done..
Replace fuel Pump, replace fuel filter replaced air filter Clean mass air flow sensor...
drained n put in fresh fuel......

NO CODES>>>>> even with a Autoboss Scanner
:frown

Does this thing have Like a Idle air control?(same symptoms on some old toyotas with a stuck IAC Valve)
other options?

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
No mechanic but it seems to be only affected when in gear- wouldnt the next course of action be to find out if the transmission may be holding the rig back? Stupid question but are the brakes and E-brake not seized up?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm no mechanic either but on the girlfriends Camry if the battery is disconnected for any amount of time the car stalls when put in gear and driving it is fine but when applying the brakes it will stall if not put in to neutral and the rpms kept up. What I found was the electronic throttle component on the backside of the gas pedal would actually need to be adjusted until it would hold the rpms up around 600. And then the computer would re-learn everything and it would be fine until the battery fails again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds like a bad mass air. What did you clean it with?

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YOu can watch the RPMs drop///

It does it in park nuetral drive when moving stopped ... its not the brakes or trans mission...

it sounds acts like the butter fly opens but there is no increase in fuel.. Like a dead spot in a carburetor on a old hot rod

its doing the same thing as A Idle air control valve being carboned up n sticking on a 04 corolla

·
Admin
7,105 Posts
I would also clean the throttle body. Mine was getting minor hesitation (nothing like you are experiencing), cleaned the throttle body, and it improved.
The hesitation for me is still there slightly... I put in some injector cleaner.... hopefully it cleans it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts