Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a stock Black diamond Fj and wanted to know your oppinion on this. I am about to black out my FJ and want to know if you think I should do it or leave the stock black and silver. Thanks for your oppinions

Before:
[/IMG]

This is what I woud like it to look like after*This is not mine, another members on this forum*:
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
black it out

·
Registered
340 Posts
This is a great forum, but the search function sucks. Sorry, but it does.
No lie, but through exasperating searching I found what was needed to black out the plastics. Still have the door handles left; not sure if I'm painting or Tundra cannibalizing for those due to the wear and tear. I really like the blacked out look best especially considering all the other stock black FJ's running in my area which I failed to notice before purchase. Looks great however I left the roof white (hello, Florida) and do not have the roof rack. Not sure the FJ would fit in the garage with the rack.

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
I like the blacked out look as well, but want to eventually make my BD flat black. I love the BD's but they really do show the pinstriping, it seems like they show it much more than the other colors, but then again maybe all the other FJ's I see are mall crawlers. ;)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
BLACK IT OUT!!!:rocker:

Those black TRD wheels look BAD A$$ on a BD!!!:rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
320 Posts
yea i found a guide but it did a horrible job of showing u how to remove door handles, mirrors, etc.
You don't need a guide. removing all that stuff is easy. Mirrors especially easy once you remove the door panels. Door handle is just an open and slide off affair.

Bumper is just a matter of removing all the screws and clips, then a little pry away on the side. Once you take bumpers off, all the gray bits are easy.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Do you have pictures after you blacked it out?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'll tell you what I like, but that's what "I" like, maybe not what "you" like. I personally like it completely blacked out, like in the picture you posted up of that blacked out FJ. I now wish I got a black one. No matter what anyone tells you just remember it's "Your" FJ & what ever you think looks good I say do it. You'll most likely get 1/2 that like it & 1/2 that hate it. What I'm trying to say is, Do what ever you like & want & to bad if someone else doesn't like it. Sorry, just my 2 cents. Good Luck & post up what ever you decide.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts