Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the steel wheels better, but it seems like the alloys will come with the model I want... Any stratagies for buying the steel wheels without having to pay full price from the dealer... :confused:

Maybe I can get the dealer to include the steel wheels at cost (uninstalled), and I'll install them later...?

What do the rest of you plan to do?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Alloy wheels sell for such a dealer markup I would be surprised if you couldn't negotiate selling them back your alloys (at cost) and adding Steelies (at cost)

Good luck and let us know what your able to do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
air said:
there's no way they're going to sell black wheels
Um, OK. They're standard on the FJC. The alloys are optional. It's all in the options lists previously posted here.

Jason

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
n6opv said:
Um, OK. They're standard on the FJC. The alloys are optional. It's all in the options lists previously posted here.

Jason
i for one think the steelies are freakin cool....

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
n6opv said:

Jason
yes but initial allocation, according to prelim reports, is going to have AL's across the board. they want to make as much money as possible off of the FJ-hungry (ie, us)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those steel wheels will be available new or used shortly after it comes out and they will be fairly cheap. I would just get the alloys and buy the steel ones later. Maybe have them for winter wheels and save the alloys for summer.

If you look on ebay and forums you can find OEM rims all over the place, and for relatively cheap. That is my plan. I want both wheels but I will buy the steel ones cheap after it comes out.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
if they sell those non-rims it will be the epidome of poseurdom (and in stark contrast to the FJ's legitimate abilities) along with 'new' torn jeans, pre-eaten food, used contraceptives and major league baseball players.

·
Registered
181 Posts
air said:
if they sell those non-rims it will be the epidome of poseurdom (and in stark contrast to the FJ's legitimate abilities) along with 'new' torn jeans, pre-eaten food, used contraceptives and major league baseball players.

What is a non-rim???

You could buy junkyard rims if you could find 5 of them with the right offset and bolt pattern that don't have a ton of rust.

But I'll just buy the Toyota steel rims for cheap and save a lot of time and effort.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got some 15x8 black steels for my TRD Tacoma. The outfit is in
Grant's Pass OR. Wheelersoffroad.com, they carry lots of Toyota goodies,
including the donahoe coilovers that were on the blue sema fj.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You may just want to wait. I was thinking of upgrading a base model just to get the alloys. I don't plan to do rock-crawling though. So maybe we should just hold off a bit. If I can get by with a model that has the steel wheels, I would totally be willing to swap with someone who had alloys but wanted steel.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Percy said:
You may just want to wait. I was thinking of upgrading a base model just to get the alloys. I don't plan to do rock-crawling though. So maybe we should just hold off a bit. If I can get by with a model that has the steel wheels, I would totally be willing to swap with someone who had alloys but wanted steel.

Just a thought.

FINALLY, we have actually become a community of some value!
Thanks Percy!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I thought we always had value, be it intrinsic or otherwise. You guys rock. I'm bettin' this forum is THE place to be once this vehicle is released!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
cheazhd said:
FINALLY, we have actually become a community of some value!
Thanks Percy!
I heard the special Edition will have the choice between titanium or carbion fiber rims

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
cheazhd said:
Nope logs, just like the Flintstones.
LOL and I have to get new shoe for the brakes! YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOO

1 - 20 of 27 Posts