Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we got bored over at the race shop so we whipped up some wheel reinforcement rings for the stock FJ steelies. There .125 plate cut to exact tollerences. Thinking of releasing to the public. $250 obo for 5 rings.

To the potential buyers you must dismount your tires before you weld these on!!!!!! And With the intentions of only serious wheelers buying these that don't balance there tires anyways. (I never balance my street tires anyways)
Were also thinking about selling wheels already done with a core charge.

What are your ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Have you thought about making the mud draining holes run to the outer edge? That way, stuff washes out more easily and it won't pack in there to accelerate corrosion.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
This was taken care of Via PM yesterday. OP was given information on what is allowed. I appreciate everyone's help on looking out for the vendors. I just thought I would post that it's been taken care of. OP did comply, to my request yesterday.
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
By the way... his admonition that you have to remove the tire before welding on the part... that's NO JOKE.

I know it sounds like a "duh" sort of thing, but are you aware of what happens if you weld on a mounted tire? It's unbelievable.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Here's a couple of YouTube vids I found by searching with "welding on wheels". They illustrate the phenomenon quite well. This is NO JOKE!!!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts

Exactly!

I had NO IDEA about this phenomenon before I bumbled across it in forum conversations some time last year.

I could have EASILY fallen victim to my own ignorance.

Being generally untrained and willing to get my "hands dirty" puts me, in particular, at risk of running past the edge of my own knowledge zone.

It makes me wonder what other lessons learned the VERY hard way are potentially in my future!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
How about that two minute delay!? You could literally weld on the thing and think you got away with it... then, while sitting there patting yourself on the back, your IED goes off!

Every time I touch a part of the car I've never worked on before, I'm pretty much convinced that something is going to go horribly wrong.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys sorry about all this... As you can tell i'm new to the site. I'm looking into becoming a vendor. As of right now I only have 1 set for sale. Also sorry to the vendor that already offers these.

Thanks
Tyler

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Other than rules issues I'm glad to see people developing products!!!

Love the plasma table, btw. Is that a Torchmate?

·
Registered
447 Posts
when i saw your post i started to count down... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,.....

As noted in your other thread by the forum mods, you must be vendor on here to sell a product in quantity. If it was only one set than thats not a problem, but it sounds like you are going "public" and offering more than one set.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
How about that two minute delay!? You could literally weld on the thing and think you got away with it... then, while sitting there patting yourself on the back, your IED goes off!

Every time I touch a part of the car I've never worked on before, I'm pretty much convinced that something is going to go horribly wrong.
A guy on IH8MUD nearly burnt down his well built 80 series cause he was welding on the inner fender from inside the truck. Something caught fire and he didn't have an extinguisher nearby :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Hey guys sorry about all this... As you can tell i'm new to the site. I'm looking into becoming a vendor. As of right now I only have 1 set for sale. Also sorry to the vendor that already offers these.

Thanks
Tyler
Nobody particularly minds competition except maybe the competing vendor a little. Stan (of Toy Outfitters) is a good honest guy and knows how business goes.

As soon as you sort out vendor status, I doubt you will have any issues.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea I may be new to this forum but not forums overall, I new I was in a shark tank. Yes it's a torchmate. I'll keep everyone posted on my vendor status. Also keep an eye out for some other really sweet bolt on fj stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts