Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm switching from OEM Aluminum to Steelies next week (2010 Iceberg) and have a few questions. Any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated.

- I currently have a leveling kit and 285/70/17 tires which I'm keeping and having installed on the Steelies. Will they fit with the steelies or will I need to put on spacers??? I know the offset is a bit different from Aluminum to Steelies.

- Would like to put on BLACK lugs and have seen a few threads where people mention a particular kind of lugs to purchase for the Toyota. Little help here? Acorn style, right? Pitch? Size (length)?

- What is the recommended torque setting for Steelies?

Thanks for any help! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
as far as i know you should be fine mounting those tires on your steelies. yes you need acorn style lugs. i bought mine from here.
Custom Toyota Wheels from Wheeler's Off-Road don't know the torque setting, i just twist them till they're tight.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information everyone! :bigthumb:

Can anyone tell me the offset difference between the OEM Aluminum and the Steel???

Thanks, again!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I don't know if the 2010s are different from earlier years, but this is what I've in reference.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks FJamming. That's what I was looking for! :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts