Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we got bored over at the race shop so we whipped up some wheel reinforcement rings for the stock FJ steelies. There .125 plate cut to exact tollerences. Thinking of releasing to the public.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
A simple elegant design solution - looks great.

:rocker:

-

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I'm looking into becoming a vendor. We had no idea someone else already had these, our prices will be adjusted and many many different designs will be available. Litterally we never even pland on making these but we were looking at the fj wheels and a sheet of steel our brains started working.As of our current design the valve stem is still accessible. Please email me for more info

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Tyler, i too would recommend adding some cutouts along the edge of the rim stiffener so that water and mud can drain out slowing down any possibly rust spots from forming.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new design will have drain reliefs. I was looking at these current ones and since they sit down about .250 the ring is right up against the inner lip area, water and mud could only sit in about a .0625 lip (1/16th of an inch) which we didn't think would be a great deal of trouble. But you the consumers get what you want and that is what we will build.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts