Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This area of SE Oregon is amazing and these videos didn't even begin to capture it. Battling the rain and snow, wild horse, hot springs, solitude and going a little crazy, this adventure had it all.

Premium Member
Was awesome. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Incredibly entertaining, informative, and funny! The shots and edits are beautifully done too!
A good test of a video is how long the viewer can sit through it. We watched them till the very end and still wanted more.
Makes us want to visit Oregon!
WOW!!! "We watched them till the very end and still wanted more." High praise indeed. Thank you for the kind words and hope I can keep meeting your high standard.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like fun and great place to visit! Thanks for sharing!
Fun might not be the right word :)... but great place to visit is absolutely true!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
We fell in love with the Steens area last September. Such a unique place.
You're right... it is a unique place in the PNW. BTW: how were the temps, mesquites and view in September. I'm planning to go back and would like to beat the snow and rain this time but still have the temp under 100 at noon. I'm leaner toward end of Sept. What are your thoughts?

Premium Member
You're right... it is a unique place in the PNW. BTW: how were the temps, mesquites and view in September. I'm planning to go back and would like to beat the snow and rain this time but still have the temp under 100 at noon. I'm leaner toward end of Sept. What are your thoughts?
We were there in mid-Sept and I thought the weather was perfect. It was in the 30s overnight, but it quickly warmed up to high 60s/low 70s by midday. Temps were cool on the summit, but not more than mid 70s out in the desert. We got up early before sunrise and hit the hot spring while the air was still cold. Went to Fields Station for a milkshake in the afternoon when it was warmer. Bugs really weren't an issue at all. Some vistas were green and some were more brown. This was taken on our hike down to Wildhorse Lake.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
We were there in mid-Sept and I thought the weather was perfect. It was in the 30s overnight, but it quickly warmed up to high 60s/low 70s by midday. Temps were cool on the summit, but not more than mid 70s out in the desert. We got up early before sunrise and hit the hot spring while the air was still cold. Went to Fields Station for a milkshake in the afternoon when it was warmer. Bugs really weren't an issue at all. Some vistas were green and some were more brown. This was taken on our hike down to Wildhorse Lake.
Thx!! You had me at bugs... hahaha Sounds like a September trip to the Steens maybe in my future...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts