Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all looking for some help. I just purchased a 07 fj with a 6" RC lift running 37x12.50 17 bf mud all ter tires. When i hit around 40 mph my steering wheel starts to shake side to side bad. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
first welcome...

Does the shake go away as you pass through 40 and go 50? How does the tire ware look? does it appear that one of the wheels has lost its balance weights? Alignment or tire balance come to mind.

·
Registered
154 Posts
my guess would be tires need to be balanced or you have a bad ball joint, a bad ball joint will end you front tires life in a hurry if left unchecked :mecry:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Welcome!
As has been said, start with tires & work your way out from there. The shop that balances your tires can help narrow down the issue if that doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!
Like everybody has said, most likely a balancing issue.
Good luck and enjoy your new toy.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Start of by cleaning your rims(inside and out) and check your air pressure.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Welcome, I used to have this problem on a jeep I had, but only when I would hit a bump on the road, upgraded the steering stabilizer and that seemed to help. Let us know what you find, hopefully its something simple like a tire out of balance.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Aloha from Cali! Do you have aftermarket UCA's? If you're still running the stock ones with a 6" lift, that could be a big reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks every1 for ur comments greatly appreciated. Having an offroad shop look at it this week. Will let u know what it was. Once again thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts