Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wiring up my stereo harness that came from crutchfield and have a few extra wires that i can't figure out where they go ..i have a dimmer + amd - orange wire ...i illum wire thats orange ...a blue/white and green/white ....and a brown wire ...

from the diagram it says the brown wire is the mute wire ? where should i go ?

the blue white wire is a p.cont wire ...where does it go?

green white is reverse?

orange is illum
the othere 2 orange wire are the dimmer ....should the illum hook to the dimmer?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also should i hook up the pink wire to the parking brake ? i read somewhere else where they said to hook it to the ground?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
What head unit are you hooking it to?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Typically you won't need the continuous power (blue/white) wire, the green/white wire is if you're hooking up a reverse camera. The brown (mute) wire most likely won't be used since you don't have a stock mute button on the steering wheel or anywhere. I'm not sure which of the dimmer and illumination wires you'll need. The orange wire on the Jensen should hook up to one of the orange wires on the Crutchfield harness though I don't know what their harness looks like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
didn't take long to install ...mounted the gps antenna on top of the radio worked well...i thought the usb/av input cable that came with the jensen would work with a usb memory stick but when i hook it to the cable it says no memory stick found ...thats dissapointed i guess a sd card is the only way to go ....gps works fine ...now i'll go try it out ...also i guess i'll have to install that steering wheel control device i have no idea how to wire it up ...any thoughts ?

·
Registered
321 Posts
didn't take long to install ...mounted the gps antenna on top of the radio worked well...i thought the usb/av input cable that came with the jensen would work with a usb memory stick but when i hook it to the cable it says no memory stick found ...thats dissapointed i guess a sd card is the only way to go ....gps works fine ...now i'll go try it out ...also i guess i'll have to install that steering wheel control device i have no idea how to wire it up ...any thoughts ?
Do you already have the steering wheel interface? If not I would look at the PAC interfaces http://www.pac-audio.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=29 I ordered mine on Amazon for $35. its fairly easy to install, you should have a extra wiring harness that pluged into the back of the factory stereo that is no longer being used. On my interface I had to tap into 2 wires off that harness for the interface harness, then you have a power wire and a ground wire to hook up.
:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I got that adapter with my stereo..i do know the harness your talkin about do you know which wires go where...im not really into thia stereo..the gps maps are so generic looking...i really wish I had ordered a better unit...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes I got that adapter with my stereo..i do know the harness your talkin about do you know which wires go where...im not really into thia stereo..the gps maps are so generic looking...i really wish I had ordered a better unit...
I can't remember the color of the wires w/o pulling the stereo back out, but here is the instructions if you have the PAC INTERFACE Steering Wheel Interface Vehicle Instruction Guide

If your interface is a different brand you should be able to look up the instructions specific to the FJ on their website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts