1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
STIFFY

Item: Ranger Roll Bar Flag Mount
Part Number: SMF12RA
(on the web site they have the wrong pic of the right angle mount, suppose to look like the SMF12M above it)

Just got this folding bracket and I love it! fits on the roof rack great and mounted my 9 ft whip on top for my dune flag! Can also be used for CB antennas too! Totally worth the $25! This is much better than a quick disconnect cuz my whip will always be on top of the rack instead of having to make it fit in the truck with me when in the city.
It's a new product from a fairly new company, I'd recommend contacting them when ordering. They are good people and went well out of their way to make sure I was happy with their product! As a thank you I'm passing the word on to you guys. They mostly deal with whole sale, but I'm glad they are open to the market as well!

And here are some pix!

Using a 3/8 bolt, and CB connection and washers...

Mounted in the down position..

Whip down the roof rack with antenna clips from West Marine..

Mount in up position...

Whip up! too much? For reference the top of my Bandi Mount black CB antenna is just at 9 ft!! :D I need a stronger spring before I attach flag...

STIFFY, DO YOU HAVE ONE?

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Re: "Siffy" folding whip rack mount!!!

Those look almost identical to the ones from Tribal Whips

Wonder if they have the same supplier.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

Nice alternative. Looks well built and price is VERY nice. Of course, for CB use you'll have to do some wiring work for grounding (i.e. rack is not grounded), but that's easy enough.

·
Registered
937 Posts

Those look almost identical to the ones from Tribal Whips

Wonder if they have the same supplier.

Cool product an a good price for either. They are machined differently so different suppliers for sure. Allot of these sand products are sold by the machine shop that is making them.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

good prices. wonder what their pricing would be for a hi-lift mount as the ones currently available are all way overpriced.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Nice alternative. Looks well built and price is VERY nice. Of course, for CB use you'll have to do some wiring work for grounding (i.e. rack is not grounded), but that's easy enough.
Or if you have a FLEX Antenna, that has a ground wire it would perfect!

good prices. wonder what their pricing would be for a hi-lift mount as the ones currently available are all way overpriced.
That would be nice! However these guys deal with mostly whips and flags, but I am starting to like these lighted whips!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering four of these and use them to mount some rear backup lights!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did you get the 1.77" or the 1.75" size?

·
Banned
1,667 Posts

That would be nice! However these guys deal with mostly whips and flags, but I am starting to like these lighted whips!

I had that same mount and it was very nice! Since I made a new rack I just welded a tab for whip.
Safeandglow.com

Fiber optic whip

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
sweet whip setup! need it for pismo this year

1 - 15 of 15 Posts