Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can help me and/or advise me on who sells shackle mounts that will still allow me to use the stock bumper. I want to install D-Rings, and i cant seem to find any info on how to go about doing this. Any ideas which size D-Ring is best for a FJ to have?
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oopps, forgot to mention that its for the front bumper......minor detail..:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Are you asking how can you bolt up something like this to the front/rear bumpers?

If so, you can't They are plastic.
On the rear, maybe, but it is going to take a very major hack job to the rear bumper to access the rear crossmember.

You are better off just using the stock recovery point and attaching a shackle to them when you need them.

If you are looking for something like the picture above, you need a steel aftermarket bumper.

A 3/4" pin shackle (usually with a 4.5 ton rating) is plenty for any recovery of the FJ. Though, if using a winch with a pulley attached to a tree, you might want a 1"pin.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure i've seen an FJ with a stock front bumper and 2 D-Rings on it. I'm pretty sure the FJ i saw had holes cut out for where the D-Rings were connected at, behind the front bumper. I hope this explanation makes sense.....

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I'm sure i've seen an FJ with a stock front bumper and 2 D-Rings on it. I'm pretty sure the FJ i saw had holes cut out for where the D-Rings were connected at, behind the front bumper. I hope this explanation makes sense.....
Nope.

What you probably have seen is not the stock bumper, but a Lucrum mount. It is a winch mount that goes under/behind the stock plastic bumper. They are a vendor on here. Base price, i think, is around 600 bucks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hahahahaha Layonn you beat me to the post I was looking for a photo... :rofl:

Nope.

What you probably have seen is not the stock bumper, but a Lucrum mount. It is a winch mount that goes under/behind the stock plastic bumper. They are a vendor on here. Base price, i think, is around 600 bucks.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Layonnn, thats almost what i saw. There wasnt a winch, just the D Rings. But if it is for $600 smacks across the face....might as well get a winch too!!
Thanks mckinngk!!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks nonoFJ. Wow, $789.00!!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Hahahahaha Layonn you beat me to the post I was looking for a photo... :rofl:
I've got google images searches down to a quick science :ninja:
haha

Thanks Layonnn, thats almost what i saw. There wasnt a winch, just the D Rings. But if it is for $600 smacks across the face....might as well get a winch too!!
Thanks mckinngk!!
Welcome:wave:
I am sure you could get it without the cutout and bolt holes for a winch mount, but the price would probably be about the same.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really...........

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Personally if I was going to drop that much $ I'd get a Demello bumper.
For that much money, i agree on just replacing the whole bumper.

The stock bumper has reallllllllly bad clearance. Unless you are in love with the factory front look, i would highly recommend going with an aftermarket front bumper for the better approach angles, better protection in an accident, shackle mounts, and all aftermarket bumpers look better than stock :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are without a doubt correct......i did buy it because i like its looks from every angle, but aftermarket bumpers do look sooooo much better... Time to shop!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts