Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in a perfect world i would upgrade to the Radflo coilovers designed for the RC 6 inch lift however, the 700 plus price tag is a little stiff for me. Would it be practical to keep the RC 6 inch spacers and get an after market "stock" size shock that is stiffer and that could handle the extra weight of a bumper and winch? Or is this as bad an idea as building tube doors out of PVC pipe (no i havnet done it yet!)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
So in a perfect world i would upgrade to the Radflo coilovers designed for the RC 6 inch lift however, the 700 plus price tag is a little stiff for me. Would it be practical to keep the RC 6 inch spacers and get an after market "stock" size shock that is stiffer and that could handle the extra weight of a bumper and winch? Or is this as bad an idea as building tube doors out of PVC pipe (no i havnet done it yet!)
You could possibly go with OME shocks and coils, which give 2-3" of lift then get a smaller spacer. But I don't know of any stock-height coils and shocks that would give you any real improvement. $700+ isn't bad for 6" coilovers. The ICONs are $1300 I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts