Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a oem sub and noticed some vibration somewhere, wondering if it needs cushion. Also I couldn't find the thread for blacking out the silver, I sanded it down w 600 grit but noticed it still chipped easy then noticed almost like the paint doesn't stick in some parts. Im using krylon plastic paint w primer in it..

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Did your sub have the factory foam around the perimeter of where it mounts against the truck?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool ty, yea it has the foam... I checked all around and even put pressure on it but still vibrates some

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Is it the sub/enclosure vibrating, or something else around it?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It sounds Like it's around the top corners almost Like where the two 10mm bolts are. I haven't put the silver backing or the grill because I'm still painting it. Could that be the reason?

Just checked the link... Thanks, I guess ll wet sand, is 600 to rough? I had 2200 but can't find it

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the prob, it's the panel that wraps rear cargo PS window. When I push on it no more vibration. Wonder what I can do to keep it pressed???

·
Registered
35 Posts
A small amount of dynamat or similar product will work to stop the rattles. If you use it in the wheel wells, back door and front doors it will top most rattles and makes the stereo sound ridiculus good!! Also you may want to upgrade that speaker if it is oem but that up to you. :)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
A little piece of felt at the point of the rubbing will solve the problem too. If you ever look on the back of a lot of the OEM plastic pieces, you'll find felt in the corners where things would rub. Of course Dynamat works too...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little piece of felt at the point of the rubbing will solve the problem too. If you ever look on the back of a lot of the OEM plastic pieces, you'll find felt in the corners where things would rub. Of course Dynamat works too...
I eventually wanna swap the speaker and amp, any budget friendly suggestions? Also dynamite? Lol sorry just obviously don't know what it is. I work at a school so felt is accessible. And adding it where exactly? Again thanks

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I do not recommend dynamite though that would effectively solve your rattle... I'm not sure exactly where your vibration is, but I'm guessing it's close to the area you push on to silence it. Usually you'd remove the panel and glue a small piece of felt near the edge or corner that's rubbing. Without being there, I can't tell you exactly where it'd go though.

As far as budget friendly upgrades, I can't help you there. I already had amps and subs sitting around in my basement, so my budget was virtually nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts