Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe it doesn't rule, but it's pretty damn good. I actually drove my truck 55k miles so far with no rear sub. It didn't come on my truck when I bought it and I didn't really care because at the time even everyone said it sucks. I'm no audiophile--and being that my two other vehicles don't have radios (motorcycle + stripped race car), any radio is actually nice. But I actually avoided buying a stock sub for the life of the car based on how much FJ Stock Sub bashing went on on this forum--and what a mistake. Tonight I installed a used one and am very happy. Lesson # 240: don't believe everything you read!

·
Banned
7,381 Posts
Yeah i agree. It has a pretty good sound for a stock system. I had a high end stereo with 2-12" subs in my old car and it was loud as S***. Gave me a headache and my ears were a little sensitive sometimes. Oh yeah and I outgrew it. So a nice stock stereo is all I really wanted after spending so much money for a stereo that got attention of all the people you didn't want attention from (Police, thieves).

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I think it's pretty good too.

I have never been into the 2-12" subs in the trunk kind of music. But that little 8" sure does pack enough punch for what i like to listen to.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Same here, mine didn't come w a sub... I got a sub super cheap $30 (w burnt amp), got a free amp for shipping only ($15), got the switch for $25=$70.... Just waiting to buy the panel that I need. I Hooked up the sub to test it in my non FJammer black radio and proved that it does work if you have the black radio. I couldnt really tell how it really sounds since I had the sub/box sitting on my cargo mat. I got to much vibration and a whole Lotta thump (not to good). I'm wondering if the sound was off because I didn't have it properly secured unto the compartment... Can't wait to black out the sub and finally install it properly... Gonna add rear cargo speakers too

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Listen to the sterio in a Rav4 limited (my wifes car) it's JBL nine speaker with a sub. It sounds amazing compared to the flammer that is in mine. I just assumed when I bought it that it was the same as hers. We both bought 2010's. It sounds pretty good as long as you don't turn it up. Everything else kicks the rav4's ass though :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts