Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....we'll this inspires confidence in 3 month old stock wheel studs on my 2014 FJ.

A little snafu in forging and it was a pain in the arse to get the others loose. Sounds like Toyota of Dallas had a good time with their air wrenches putting my wheels back on last week during its 5k service.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would have them replace all 24, could have been a defect in the run of studs installed. Or it was just dumb luck..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have them replace all 24, could have been a defect in the run of studs installed. Or it was just dumb luck..
Oh they are replacing all 24. I just need to find a competent dealer to take it to. My first experience with the service department at the above mentioned dealer wasn't good to say the least.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had same issue with my 2008 at Discount Tire. They gave me a coupon to get it fixed and no problems since.

Not everything is as bad as it seems. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had same issue with my 2008 at Discount Tire. They gave me a coupon to get it fixed and no problems since.

Not everything is as bad as it seems. :)
Discount has touched my wheels once when I put on my cooper ATPs. I was the last customer there after closing and was chatting with the manager about my FJ. I saw with my own eyes, the guys put my lugs back on by hand and then with a torque wrench.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Always request/demand lugs to be hand torqued.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always request/demand lugs to be hand torqued.
You would think this would be common practice at the dealer.

What worries me more is the fact the stud obviously had a forging defect. It may be hard to see in the photos but there is obvious signs of oxidation and splatter on the inside of the break.....on both pieces of the stud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts