Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the stock wheels hold certain degree of off-roading? I know the definition of certain degree might be different to each other, but do I really need to change the stock wheels to other brand for strength issue?

·
Registered
353 Posts
The stock Toyota wheels are probably stronger than 99% of the aftermarket wheels avail.....

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
Yep. Super strong. Their downside is typically that they are narrower than most aftermarket choices for larger tires. You can air them down as good as any aftermarket (not counting beadlocks.)

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
No issues wheeling the stock wheels.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yup. Mine hold up just fine! as long as you are ok with scratching/gouging them up!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
i went from the black trd wheels to the steelies just to save the trds from gouges when i wheel the truck. i really like them but i would recommend that you give them a good coat of paint. the factory paint is crap.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Can the stock wheels hold certain degree of off-roading? I know the definition of certain degree might be different to each other, but do I really need to change the stock wheels to other brand for strength issue?
Exactly which "stock wheels" are you referring to?

The standard 17" steel wheels, or one of the many different 16" aluminum wheels that have been offered over the years?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, guys and gals.
It is great help for me since I have limited budget that I can use for my FJ. I want to focus on important upgrades.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly which "stock wheels" are you referring to?

The standard 17" steel wheels, or one of the many different 16" aluminum wheels that have been offered over the years?
It is 17" alloy wheels not black steel wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts