Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the stock wheels hold certain degree of off-roading? I know the definition of certain degree might be different to each other, but do I really need to change the stock wheels to other brand for strength issue?

· Registered
370 Posts
The stock Toyota wheels are probably stronger than 99% of the aftermarket wheels avail.....

· Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
10,626 Posts
Yep. Super strong. Their downside is typically that they are narrower than most aftermarket choices for larger tires. You can air them down as good as any aftermarket (not counting beadlocks.)

· Premium Member
4,688 Posts
No issues wheeling the stock wheels.

· Registered
88 Posts
yup. Mine hold up just fine! as long as you are ok with scratching/gouging them up!

· Registered
7,930 Posts
Can the stock wheels hold certain degree of off-roading? I know the definition of certain degree might be different to each other, but do I really need to change the stock wheels to other brand for strength issue?
Exactly which "stock wheels" are you referring to?

The standard 17" steel wheels, or one of the many different 16" aluminum wheels that have been offered over the years?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.