Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

401 - 420 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see people mentioning 5th Gen (2010 and up I think) but I have a 2007. I am running 17" wheels.

What parts do I need to order for this upgrade? Has anyone done this for a 2007 yet?

Saleen

·
Premium Member
7,918 Posts
I see people mentioning 5th Gen (2010 and up I think) but I have a 2007. I am running 17" wheels.

What parts do I need to order for this upgrade? Has anyone done this for a 2007 yet?

Saleen
Yes it worked on my '07 with 17's no problem. Search this thread for my posts. I mentioned the parts I used and so have a few others.

·
Registered
919 Posts
FWIW, I am still extremely happy I did this upgrade to my 2010 FJ. I've had absolutely no brake fade or pad smell putting these thru the paces in the CO mountains. I've run them hard thru Eisenhower Tunnel, Vail Pass, Monarch Pass, etc and they are consistent and harder stopping than the OEM FJ clampers. I run them with OEM 4R front rotors and TRD pads for reference. Again, the pedal throw is slightly longer off the top due to piston size but it becomes the new norm after a couple months.

If you need new calipers, rotors and pads I'd recommend the 4Runner route over OEM FJ anyday.

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Power Stop part #S2766

Here is the part number for the power stop red powder coated calipers, cost is around $260.

Dont forget, some of these sites have discount codes.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Hey guys,

Has this thread been trimmed a lot? I've tried go through it but it seems to jump, and with references in some post to page 30 when the thread only has 21 ?

Could someone please post a parts list for the 5th gen calipers, rotors, pads, dust covers and upgraded brake lines ? I think lockdown has made my head go mush as I can't for the life of me put together a list after a reread of all posts currently visible ?
Thanks very much guys!!

·
Premium Member
12,409 Posts
I believe the post count per page changed when the site was upgraded.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Hi all,

Ok so what I've gathered reading through the general consensus here - for a full swap, best results and least chance of seizing :

TRD Front Brake Pad: Part number PTR09-89111
TRD Rear Brake Pad: Part number PTR09-89110
5th Gen 4runner Front rotor: Part number 4351260191
5th Gen 4runner Rear rotor: Part number 4243160311
Power Stop Front Brake Calipers Part number S6278
Power Stop Rear Brake Calipers Part Number S2736
MAN A FRE SS Brake lines Part Number 96940-SSKITFJ
Russell Speed Bleeders Part Number 799-639560
5th Gen 4runner Dust Shields Part Numbers 4778260140, 4778160140, and 2x 4244160060

Am I right in thinking this should all be bolt on, and I wouldn't need any other parts from stock? I'd appreciate if someone could confirm I got the part numbers correct as I'll be shipping them overseas haha

@FJTTSE made a good point of replacing the hub assemblies while I'm at it, can anyone confirm whether those should also be the 5th Gen 4runner ones or the FJ ones? Same question for the dust shields actually..

Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Premium Member
7,918 Posts
Hi all,

Ok so what I've gathered reading through the general consensus here - for a full swap, best results and least chance of seizing :

TRD Front Brake Pad: Part number PTR09-89111
TRD Rear Brake Pad: Part number PTR09-89110
5th Gen 4runner Front rotor: Part number 4351260191
5th Gen 4runner Rear rotor: Part number 4243160311
Power Stop Front Brake Calipers Part number S6278
Power Stop Rear Brake Calipers Part Number S2736
MAN A FRE SS Brake lines Part Number 96940-SSKITFJ
Russell Speed Bleeders Part Number 799-639560
5th Gen 4runner Dust Shields Part Numbers 4778260140, 4778160140, and 2x 4244160060

Am I right in thinking this should all be bolt on, and I wouldn't need any other parts from stock? I'd appreciate if someone could confirm I got the part numbers correct as I'll be shipping them overseas haha

@FJTTSE made a good point of replacing the hub assemblies while I'm at it, can anyone confirm whether those should also be the 5th Gen 4runner ones or the FJ ones? Same question for the dust shields actually..

Thanks in advance for the help!!
I'd get the FJ hubs if you want them. There may not be a difference in anything but the part number but I know they work. IDK what your 2x 4244160060 for the dust shields is. I have not installed mine yet however. I just bent the FJ dust shields back but they still rub a small amount going around corners. Yes they need to be 5th gen dust shields since they are bigger. I would not (and did not) purchase the 5th gen rear rotors. They are not that much bigger than the FJ stuff IIRC and there are reports the inner bore is slightly different from some of the part drawings you can find on websites like rockauto. Not worth it IMO.

The list seems good! But the least chance of seizing is gonna be Wilwoods though. :D

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I'd get the FJ hubs if you want them. There may not be a difference in anything but the part number but I know they work. IDK what your 2x 4244160060 for the dust shields is. I have not installed mine yet however. I just bent the FJ dust shields back but they still rub a small amount going around corners. Yes they need to be 5th gen dust shields since they are bigger. I would not (and did not) purchase the 5th gen rear rotors. They are not that much bigger than the FJ stuff IIRC and there are reports the inner bore is slightly different from some of the part drawings you can find on websites like rockauto. Not worth it IMO.

The list seems good! But the least chance of seizing is gonna be Wilwoods though. :D
Thanks for the help @Iconic_ ! So you wouldn't recommend changing the rear rotors, but does that mean I should also disregard the rear calipers and just go with some TRD brake pads for the FJ's stock one? I assume I can't mix 4Runner calipers/pads with FJ rotors?

·
Premium Member
7,918 Posts
Thanks for the help @Iconic_ ! So you wouldn't recommend changing the rear rotors, but does that mean I should also disregard the rear calipers and just go with some TRD brake pads for the FJ's stock one? I assume I can't mix 4Runner calipers/pads with FJ rotors?
Yes thats right.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I hope you got it all ironed out... if not here's my complete list from page 15 post #296... also look at my @darkhorse13 posts on page 16. Those were my most valid contributions.

John

·
Registered
100 Posts
What would I have to change from your list to adapt to a '07? I've looked around quite a bit and it seems the more I look, the deeper the rabbit hole gets

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,918 Posts
What would I have to change from your list to adapt to a '07? I've looked around quite a bit and it seems the more I look, the deeper the rabbit hole gets

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Front can be 5th gen. Rear needs to stay all FJ. 2010+ can use rear 5th gen components.

401 - 420 of 424 Posts