Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

401 - 405 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see people mentioning 5th Gen (2010 and up I think) but I have a 2007. I am running 17" wheels.

What parts do I need to order for this upgrade? Has anyone done this for a 2007 yet?

Saleen

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
I see people mentioning 5th Gen (2010 and up I think) but I have a 2007. I am running 17" wheels.

What parts do I need to order for this upgrade? Has anyone done this for a 2007 yet?

Saleen
Yes it worked on my '07 with 17's no problem. Search this thread for my posts. I mentioned the parts I used and so have a few others.

·
Registered
826 Posts
FWIW, I am still extremely happy I did this upgrade to my 2010 FJ. I've had absolutely no brake fade or pad smell putting these thru the paces in the CO mountains. I've run them hard thru Eisenhower Tunnel, Vail Pass, Monarch Pass, etc and they are consistent and harder stopping than the OEM FJ clampers. I run them with OEM 4R front rotors and TRD pads for reference. Again, the pedal throw is slightly longer off the top due to piston size but it becomes the new norm after a couple months.

If you need new calipers, rotors and pads I'd recommend the 4Runner route over OEM FJ anyday.

John

401 - 405 of 405 Posts