Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 424 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
also if someone could post an updated list using the 5th gen Lexus GX470/4Runner Sport parts that would be great
I got the quote below for OEM 5th Gen 4Runner parts. It would be great if someone could confirm these part numbers.

2 Disc Brake Rotor. Rotor. 4351260191 $61.17
1 COVER, DISC BRAKE DUST, FRONT LH 4778260140 $51.21
1 COVER, DISC BRAKE DUST, FRONT RH 4778160140 $51.21
1 PAD KIT, DISC BRAKE, FRONT . MARK ADVICS PV565H 0446560320 $46.89
1 CYLINDER ASSY, FRONT DISC BRAKE, LH 4775060300 $342.09
1 CYLINDER ASSY, FRONT DISC BRAKE, RH 4773060300 $342.09

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

sure that price is right? seems way high

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

sure that price is right? seems way high
That's the price for new OEM parts with a 25% discount. If you google the part numbers you can find them for ~$100 on Amazon, but these are not genuine Toyota parts.

Reactions: ZoSoIV

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,895 Posts
Long thread to read through. No issues with my EBC 3GD dimmpled and slotted rotors with 7000 and 6000 series green stuff pads. And I drive fast on the trails so lots of hard braking before and into turns. Probably cost about $400 too, I can't remember.

Reactions: SuperSiick

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
I'm not due for brakes for a while yet by then i can get the 142 calipers or i can wait till they come out and do the change over then...are the dust covers a dealer item only? also if someone could post an updated list using the 5th gen Lexus GX470/4Runner Sport parts that would be great and it sounds like it way worth getting the SS brake lines too
It depends a little bit on what you're looking for specifically. IE: slotted rotors, with pads/without pads/with hardware. Also powerstop has a couple kits with some items already combined.

Here's the list I'll probably be getting in the future:

Centric Premium Plain Front Rotor (x2): 120.44174
Centric Reman Front Right Caliper with hardware no pads: 141.44287
Centric Reman Front Right Caliper with hardware no pads: 141.44288
Larger OE Dust Shields: 47782-60140 and 47781-60140
TRD Front Brake Pads (I've already installed): PTR09-89111
6 SS Lines from Man-S-Fre

All of this will set you back approx: $600 after you get your core charges back and including shipping. Most of the parts were found cheapest on RockAuto. The splash shields I found on Conicelli Toyota dealer's parts website. They seem to have the best prices around on the TRD pads and splash shields. Look around for coupons or subscribe to their emails and get yourself 5% off Conicelli pretty regularly. Rockauto has some coupons floating around for 5% also.

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
Maybe we should start a new thread to avoid confusion with P/N's. :lol: Just to be clear, 4th gen 4Runner parts were used by the OP in the first post. 5th 4Runner parts are bigger.

Might as well add some dimensions to see how much you are upgrading, what I could find for the rotors:

FJ Stock:
319mm rotors & 28mm thick

4th Gen 4runner sport:
338mm & 28mm thick

5th Gen 4runner:
338mm & 31.8mm thick & 3.5mm bigger caliper pistons

TRD BBK for FJC:
323mm

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
but the word is the 5th gen Calipers are not on the market yet, I can't find any so the thicker 5th gen rotors do us no good till the calipers are available, thanks for that info Iconic

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
but the word is the 5th gen Calipers are not on the market yet, I can't find any so the thicker 5th gen rotors do us no good till the calipers are available, thanks for that info Iconic
Do you mean the 142 series calipers for the 5th gen that FJTTSE was talking about? The regular 141 calipers are available in my post above, they're just not coated or rebuilt with as many new parts. I'll be painting them blue with the G2 caliper paint kit.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Yes the 142 , so are they the same size as the 141 series?
The Centric 141 and 142 series are the same part. The difference is in the amount of effort put into the rebuild. The 142 series are the "premium" rebuilt versions.

Centric 141 Series: Front and Rear calipers are available now. (4Runner)
Centric 142 Series: Only Rear calipers are available now. (4Runner)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jeez, I'm confused as before I read the whole thread, gonna need brakes soon and want to do the upgraded 5th gen 4runner.
Has anyone done this recently with 142's? I'm planning on doing the front rotors, calibers, pads & SS lines all at the same time. I unfortunately am not a brake guy so I'll get all parts necessary and have my shop install. Any help with part numbers, I have time to order or pick up local if I could get help sorting out the latest & greatest suggested on this post. A big thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bluto

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
from what i see the 142 upgraded calipers are not available aftermarket yet for the front.. rear yes you can get them ...so as of now you will have to go with the 141...can anybody else confirm this?

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
Jeez, I'm confused as before I read the whole thread, gonna need brakes soon and want to do the upgraded 5th gen 4runner.
Has anyone done this recently with 142's? I'm planning on doing the front rotors, calibers, pads & SS lines all at the same time. I unfortunately am not a brake guy so I'll get all parts necessary and have my shop install. Any help with part numbers, I have time to order or pick up local if I could get help sorting out the latest & greatest suggested on this post. A big thank you in advance!

Basically as of a couple weeks ago the 142 series front calipers weren't in stock. I don't know if they still are or not anymore. The 141 front calipers were. The 142 is just a slightly better "rebuilt" caliper with a few more newer parts over the 141, identical size and fitment otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
RockAuto does not show the Centric 142 series as available. Just go with the Centric 141 series and don't forget to paint them before installing or they will surface rust within days. Also, you don't have to go with Centric brand. You can go with another remanufactured brand, like NAPA etc, or buy new if you prefer. Part numbers of course will be different as the posted part numbers here are mostly Centric brand.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Yeah I goggled the front 142 there not anywhere aftermarket, I assume you could get them from the dealer but there going to be pricey ... I'm waiting till at least next spring anyway to do the upgrade by then maybe the 142 will be out if not the 141 are still fine ... the 338mm rotors , dust shields etc are easy to find so no problem there

·
Registered
130 Posts
RockAuto does not show the Centric 142 series as available. Just go with the Centric 141 series and don't forget to paint them before installing or they will surface rust within days. Also, you don't have to go with Centric brand. You can go with another remanufactured brand, like NAPA etc, or buy new if you prefer. Part numbers of course will be different as the posted part numbers here are mostly Centric brand.
So if from napa or any parts store is there any particular model 4runner to source from? Just ask for say a 2015 4runner sport or do the all run the same? Guessing rotors are more of a preference of plain or fancy just make sure they're for the same sourced caliper model truck? Thanks bout to pull the trigger. I don't mind painting if I go 141.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Do you know if this kit will clear a 16" aluminum wheel?

Thanks

121 - 140 of 424 Posts