Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Just re read your build and watched the video above. Sucks you had to sell it, but looks like you had a blast w it.

Good luck on your mission... little over a year to go.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Few months left! finish strong man.
When you get home say hi to my brother-in-law Jason Smith.

Then buy another FJ!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
:bump:

Just bumping this thread since I moved around files on my Photobucket account and I had to redo all the pictures in the thread, at least on the first page that is.

Still looking around for FJ #2 . Sad to have sold the good ol TRD! :mecry:

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Here are some before and after GIFs of my first FJ! Just playing around since I figured out how to make GIFs.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Went through and re-entered a bunch of the photos since I changed basically all my photo links on Photobucket. Hope after I do quite a bit of mods to my second FJ (like new tires, new lift components, new bumper, etc.) that I can do a new build thread.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
October 2018 Update!

Today I was notified by @Loganbeere that my original FJ is still alive and well and is actually up for sale one again on Craigslist!

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-toyota-fj-cruiser-trd/6715143392.html

Seeing this brought me so much happiness and I wish I could just swipe it back up again since I absolutely loved this FJ! And after-all, it was my first car, and how often do you get the opportunity to buy back your first car!?

Looks like the front bumper has seen better days and that there is some oxidization occurring on part of the hood but otherwise she is looking great! Only about 15,000 more miles on it compared to when I sold her about 5 years ago, not bad!

The guy I sold it to lived in Utah but then he sold it to a guy in California. And now the current owner who is in California says he bought it from a guy in California, so it sounds like since me it has had 3 owners, but is pretty much identical to the day I sold it except for now having an upgraded touch-screen headunit instead of the FJammer. Also, when I owned it I had 2 sets of keys, one of which had my Compustar remote start fob on it but apparently the key set with the remote start is lost which is too bad.

Oh how I wish I could take this back and continue the adventure with the car that started it all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
"Oh how I wish I could take this back and continue the adventure with the car that started it all!"

Don't wish, buy it!

:)

Norm

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Well I just finished a new YouTube video documenting the build and history of my first FJ Cruiser, this one! It basically tells how I got the FJ Cruiser, what all features it had, and what mods I added to it while I had it. As well as showing where I took the FJ while I had it and where it is now. Not a video anyone was really asking for but was still a video I've wanted to make for quite some time. Enjoy!

181 - 192 of 192 Posts